Traverse City Takes a Girl Mountain Biking Day
Confident, strong girls on mountain bikes unite!
Norte! is stoked to team up with many, many awesome women to host the 2nd annual Traverse City Takes a Girl Mountain Biking Day. It’s going to rock. Promise.
WHEN IS IT?
Saturday, June 16 .
Meet at 9:45. Rolling at 10.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Timber Ridge Resort, 4050 E. Hammond Rd, Traverse City.
WHO CAN COME?
All awesome girls and their families are welcome no matter their mountain bike experience or skill.
HOW FAR IS THE RIDE?
The Vasa Singletrack is great for all abilities. Not too hilly or technical but still challenging:
5 distances available:
- 1 miles – Paved loop around Timber Ridge for our balance bike superstars
- 3 miles – Flat and easy on the Fatbike loop for our youngest shredders
- 6 miles – Flat’ish Fatbbike + Kinglet loop for beginner riders
- 8 miles – Iceman’s hilly Slush Cup course for our intermediate riders
- 15 miles – Big Vasa loop for advanced riders
See Vasa map HERE.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- A mountain bike that functions. It doesn’t need to be fancy but it should roll, shift and stop.
- A helmet.
- A water bottle.
- A snack for after.
IS IT FREE?
Email us at email@example.com with questions.We 100% support young ladies who know their way and have the necessary skills to ride alone/sans adult but we ask that parents ride with their child if not.
Get more involved with the Chicas del Norte!, our grrrrrls on bikes on mountain bikes empowerment program!