Need A (like) New Bike To Ride To School? You’re In Luck
Kids grow up fast. They out grow their bikes fast too.
As part of our Safe Routes To School funded program, The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment, we are excited to launch the Norte! Kids Bike Library.
The Library aims to keep pedaling preschool and lower elementary aged students awesome by making sure their bike always fits no matter how fast they grow.
Thanks to a very generous donation by our friends at McLain Cycle, we currently have 25 like new (not junky!) Specialized kids bikes in the Library:
- 2 balance bikes
- 4 12″ ers (with training wheels)
- 3 16″ers
- 9 20″‘ers
- 6 24″ers
- 1 “tag-a-long”
Young riders are able to borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return to the Library in exchange for the next size up. For FREE!
- take good care of our bike
- ride to school as much as possible (hopefully every Friday at the least!)
- be a super Bike Champion at school and inspire their classmates to be one too
Here’s How It Works:
- Check to see what’s available on the Library shelves HERE
- See one you like? Complete THIS FORM to put a “hold” on it
- Stop by the N!YC Clubhouse (841 Washington Street) to give it a test ride/pick-up
- Once the bike is too small, return it to the “library” and check out the next size up
Easy-peasy. Awesome, right?!
Do you have a like new/quality kids bike collecting dust? We’re always accepting donations. Tax-exempt, of course!
Learn more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment HERE
Email us at email@example.com with questions
Bike Happy. Bike Mas. Bike TC.