Northern Michigan’s Most Bike-tastic School is …
A big, big day for happy, healthy, ready to learn kids this past Wednesday. So great! Nearly 800 kids at 22 area school participated. Our biggest Northern Michigan Bikes To Day yet. Amazing.
Soaring highest were the Falcons of Willow Hill Elementary in Traverse City. 232 students pedaled themselves to class which is good enough to “win” the 2018 Most Bike-tastic School Award.
Congrats, Willow Hill!
Honorable mentions to:
- Northport Public School
- TCAPS Montessori
- Central Grade
- Lakeland Elementary in Elk Rapids
- Traverse Heights
- The bike to bus to Bertha Vos kids from Eastern
Special high fives to:
- Our 16 bike train conductors
- The many principals who came out <— riding to school with your principal is a BIG deal
- Our sponsors: Michigan Fitness Foundation, Blue Cross Blue Shield and TBA Credit Union
- Oryana Co-op for hosted a bike train station and providing yummy breakfast
- The Traverse City and Elk Rapids Police Departments for keeping the kids safe
Let’s keep the momentum going. Because it’s more than just one day, of course.
If you want to help get more kids biking (and walking!) to YOUR school, please join our grassroots Safe Routes To School team.