Grand Traverse Pro Walk/Pro Bike Update: Valentine’s Day Edition
Happy Valentine’s day! Love is certainly in the air…or is that snow???
A few important things walk/bike things to add to your radar:
1. Potential solutions that are being considered as part of the GT County Road Commission’s “E/W Corridor Study” process.
An important opportunity for public engagement on the proposed solutions is coming up next Monday, February 18th from 5 – 8pm at East Middle School. This process needs the voices of people who understand how multi-modal transportation options will to help enhance East-West mobility in the region. Please consider attending this Monday!
2. Eighth Street – Norte continues to advocate for a walkable, bikeable, safe Eighth St for all road users. A few key design elements that we’re advocating for:
– A world-class, expertly designed cycle track that crosses few (ideally zero) driveways
– Spacious sidewalks that are buffered from the cycle track
– Corner radii at intersections that promote slow vehicle speeds to enhance pedestrian safety
How you can HELP:
– Write a letter to the editor to help educate your neighbors about why a healthy Eighth Street is so vitally important to the immediate and future health of our City.
– Email the Traverse City Record-Eagle at firstname.lastname@example.org/Email the Northern Express at email@example.com
– Email City leadership and share WHY a walkable, bikeable, safe Eighth Street is important to you.
– Email City Commissioners: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Email the City Manager, Marty Colburn: email@example.com
– Email the Planning Director, Russ Soyring: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Send your thoughts to the Technical Design Team here: 8thstreettc.info/contact
3. Round 2 of our Advocate Academy launches next week. We’re super excited to start working with these 13 passionate Grand Traverse residents! We’re super excited to have the talented Gary Howe as lead facilitator this year along with support from Groundwork and League of Michigan Bicyclists!
Thanks for supporting happy, healthy, ready to learn kids, The City of Traverse City, Traverse City Area Public Schools, Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools, Trinity Lutheran School, Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District and TART Trails.
And thank YOU for supporting this important work, Rotary Charities of Traverse City.
Want to help support more happy, healthy, ready to learn kids? Sign up to be a Champion at your school: elgruponorte.org/champion/