Week 4: Grand Traverse Youth Mountain Bike Team Update
Week 4 newsletter
This season has flown by as fast as a 2nd grader skids through a rear tire! Tuesdays’ rain cancellation gives me about 10 minutes to crank out a quick newsletter to everyone involved in this awesome collection of kids, bikes, and energy! Thanks for all the support!
- Team Orange is looking really nice out there, but we can always be nicer. This letter was in this week’s Express:
The coaches and I hatched a plan last week to keep the kids off of the Civic Center path before and after practice, and I’d like to ask you parents to give the park trail users a break as well by waiting for your kids in the grass, and being aware of all the traffic that this path gets in an afternoon. Lots of neighbors on the trail!
- A friendly reminder to not use That’sa Pizza’s parking lot for pick up and drop off–it’s only for patrons. Free parking is on Fair St. and in the Civic Center Parking lot.
- Can’t wait until the Iceman? Peak2Peak, arguably the prettiest mountain bike course in the state, therefore the country, is right around the corner. This is a super fun race: Sign up soon!
- Tour de Traxs for the 6-16 year old crowd is the same day as the big Peak2Peak. Full details and registration link here.
- Is your child enjoying this after school program as much as we are? We want to keep the awesome bike riding energy going all the way to November, so we are opening an extra, 3-week season for the kids and coaches to meet at Timber Ridge Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:00. Keep an eye on elgruponorte.org/mountainbike for registration details later today.