Happy. Healthy. Strong: Norte’s 2019 in Twelve Numbers
Thanks to many, many awesome people, we continue to dream big: from one neighborhood bike train in 2013 to a thriving advocacy organization positively impacting Pro Walk/Pro Bike policy, systems, infrastructure, and healthy habits across the Grand Traverse region.
Here are 12 numbers from 2019 that we’re very proud of:
- 5 COMMUNITIES: Traverse City area, Elk Rapids, Northport, Kalkaska, Suttons Bay
- 242 VOLUNTEERS: The heart and soul of Norte and happy, healthy, strong communities
- 2342 PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: More – lots more! – kids and adults than ever impacted with lifelong skills
- 780 DONORS: Kind and generous people who help Norte fulfill its mission
- 271 COMMUNITY PARTNERS: We couldn’t do what we do without our valued relationships
- 8 + 39 TEAM ORANGE: Core staff of eight and nearly forty awesome program coaches and instructors
- 31 SCHOOLS: In-school and after school programs across the Grand Traverse region
- 97 BUSINESS CHAMPIONS: Organizations who contribute $500+ annually to happy, healthy, strong communities
- 182 YOUTH MOUNTAIN BIKERS: Michigan’s largest youth mountain bike team
- 3 + 2 MORE WALKABLE TRAVERSE CITY: Our advocacy efforts help Traverse City build/fix three miles of sidewalk and embrace two new safer crosswalks on the Grandview Parkway
- 36 CITIZEN ADVOCATES: Teens and adults engaged and activated through the Explore Academy and Advocacy Academy
- 1 PROTECTED BIKE LANE: Norte helps advocate for Northern Michigan’s first protected bike lane on 8th Street in Traverse City
While 2019 rocked, we’re just getting started. We need your continued support to keep rolling into our highest and deepest impact year yet.
2020 is going to be very big for happy, healthy, strong communities as we have reached the tipping point to truly change the culture of health across the region. Join us today with a contribution big or small toward our Big Orange Promise Campaign. We’re all in this together.