On Balance Bikes, Libraries, Previously Loved Bicycles, Summer Camps and Pandemics in the Grand Traverse Region
One silver lining of the COVID-19 pandemic is that we have seen a huge demand for the humble bicycle. Bikes have been a surprise superstar of the lockdown, for sure.
In response, we are working hard to get bikes of all sizes in the hands (legs?!) of all ages, abilities, and budgets in the Grand Traverse region. For health, for transportation, for fun and for inspiration.
From used bikes for sale to balance bikes to borrow to donating bikes to getting on the summer camp wait list, we get a lot of questions, emails, texts, and phone calls every day so we thought we’d share 13 of our FAQs here:
- To look at bikes for sale from home
- To sell a bike by consignment
- Want to donate a bike? First please text us a photo with description to 231-883-2404
- Want to look at a bike for sale? Make an appointment here.
- Dropping off a bike? Make an appointment here.
- Picking up a bike? Make an appointment here.
- How do I pay for a bike? Gracias!
- Rent a balance bike for the summer? Si. So fun!
- How do I pay for a balance bike rental? Gracias!
- Interested in borrowing a bike from our Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library?
- Is Traverse City’s summer bike camp happening in 2020? Sure is.
- Want to get on the Traverse City summer camp wait list? We’re happy to have you.
- Want to support Norte’s great work with a contribution? Gracias.
Keep riding strong and smiling big. Outside still not canceled!
COVID-19 Pandemic Considerations
We want everyone to stay healthy and to stay active – responsibly. The health and safety of Norte’s employees, volunteers, and community are a priority. We are using all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission to our employees, volunteers, and community while continuously delivering services to our community.
Norte has instituted enhanced cleaning protocols, and we are practicing safe social distancing for any in-person contact and are avoiding it when possible. We’re also wearing masks and washing our hands a lot. Best practices have been communicated to employees for protecting their health, and we are integrating those practices into our programs and communications.
Prior to visiting the Norte Wheelhouse, please fill out a health assessment. If we need to make other arrangments due to the showing of symptoms, we can do that. All Virtual Yard Sale exchanges will be a contact-free and the number of people allowed inside at any one time limited. If possible, all exchanges will take place outside.
We encourage everyone to follow the best prevention measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace a high-five with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.