Join Team Orange: Now hiring Administrative Assistant
Norte is hiring!
Norte is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about happy, healthy, strong communities and active for life kids. This position is full time, year round, and will report to the Executive Director.
The Administrative Assistant supports Norte’s wide range of programming, outreach and advocacy activities to help further Norte’s mission. This position requires a genuine enthusiasm for Norte’s work. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively interact with Norte staff and volunteers.
Reports to: Executive Director
Works with: Accountant, Program Director, Development Director, Advocacy Director, Communications Coordinator, School Coordinator, Board of Directors and coaches. As well as external stakeholders, such as partners, donors, volunteers, and the general public
- Manages Norte’s online and Clubhouse stores including ordering
- Manages Norte’s general email inbox
- Copy, digitize and file documents
- Schedules staff, board and committee meetings based on availability
- Assists Executive Director and other Directors with duties on an as-needed basis
- Answers phone calls and email messages promptly
- Verifies invoices and orders to reduce errors
- Updates Norte’s database (Salesforce) and ensures all data is accurate
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
At least two years of relevant clerical or administrative assistant experience.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic performance.
- Proficiency with G Suite including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Exhibit professionalism when communicating on the phone, in email or in-person
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn QuickBooks
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn Salesforce
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- The desire to learn and grow professionally
- Frequent computer work
- Occasional light lifting
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time FLSA exempt position with a starting salary of $40,000.
WHAT WILL A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
A typical day will consist of working along with 6 other awesome people in Norte’s business casual environment either at our Civic Center headquarters or off-site office. The day will consist of working independently with clerical duties, filing documents, updating Norte’s database in Salesforce, replying to emails and ordering supplies, merchandise and equipment. Some of this work can be done remotely.
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning September 15, 2020 and considered until the position is filled.
The ideal candidate would start employment on October 1st.
By e-mail: Please send with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administration Assistant” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
Ty Schmidt, Executive Director
PO Box 781
Traverse City, MI, 49685
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person at the Clubhouse during regular weekday office hours (10am – 6pm Monday through Friday and 10-2pm Saturdays)
Norte is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.