The Wonderful People Powering Team Orange
From the Clubhouse to the Wheelhouse. From the new Chain Hub in Elk Rapids and the six trailheads where kids met to ride mountain bikes this fall. In each place, I’ve met so many wonderful people this year committed to happy, healthy, strong communities and active-for-life kids. These are the wonderful people who power the small but mighty tribe, Team Orange.
These many people have powered Team Orange to what will be – despite all the challenges – our most impactful year yet.
- 630+ kids in summer camp
- 270+ kids in Michigan’s largest youth mountain bike team
- A multitude of kids participating in Northern Michigan Walks To School Day
- Miles of new sidewalk being laid down in Traverse City
- A more accessible – and very free – Community Bike Shop at the Clubhouse
- New Bike Library branch (The Chain Hub!) in Elk Rapids
- Stronger organizational and financial capacity – Thank you, Norte Board of Directors!
- The launch of our Essential bike program
- New coalition to extend the Three Mile Trail
- A growing Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library – now at nearly 500 bikes!
- Approved GT County Civic Center master plan, which includes a world-class pump track and traffic garden
None of this would be possible without hundreds of wonderful people who donated their time, energy, and financial resources to support happy, healthy, strong communities and active-for-life kids.
It’s a testament to this incredible place we live and the amazing people who call it home.
Thank you to Norte’s heart and soul.
PS — Because of a less than great forecast, we postponed last week’s volunteer celebration to this coming Saturday. Join us at the lovely and spacious Farm Club on Saturday, October 24th, from 4-7 pm. First drink on us! Please RSVP. And, let’s be responsible – mask up, keep a distance, and stay home if you’re not 100%.