Join Team Orange: Now Hiring a Donor Relations Specialist
Norte is seeking a Donor Relations Specialist to join Team Orange. The ideal candidate will be passionate about happy, healthy, strong communities, and active-for-life kids. This position is full-time, year-round, and will report to the Executive Director.
The Donor Relations Specialist provides administrative support, focusing on development and fundraising for a wide range of programming, outreach, and advocacy activities to further Norte’s mission of building happy, healthy, strong communities. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical to helping Team Orange transform the culture of health in the Grand Traverse region.
Norte’s Donor Relations Specialist will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Business Manager and the rest of our remarkable team, both full time and seasonal staff, and the board of directors. This position will develop and strengthen external relationships with community members, such as partners, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Strengthens and maintain Norte’s database, including managing donors, business members, campaigns, acknowledgments.
- Builds and maintains dashboards and reports to measure Norte’s advancement of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Executes the processing of donations and oversees donor acknowledgment procedure to ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate response to gifts
- Assists with fundraising initiatives such as annual appeals, membership renewals, special appeals, major grants and donors, and other fundraising campaigns.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Success at Norte means:
- Responsibilities and tasks are completed on time and thoroughly.
- Written communication is clear, concise, professional, and free from error.
- Systems and procedures are adhered to, and ways to improve them pursued when appropriate.
- A team effort resulting in a sense of belonging, acceptance, and support.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Leading candidates will have at least two years of relevant experience.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic performance is preferred. In place of a college degree, applicants with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Exhibit professionalism when communicating on the phone, in email, or in-person.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency or willingness to learn Salesforce.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides.
- The desire to learn and grow professionally
- Daily computer work.
- Occasional light lifting.
The Donor Relations Specialist is a full-time FLSA exempt position with a starting salary of $42,000.
- Benefits: Medical, paid vacation, paid holidays, technology stipend, flexible work schedule.
- Hours: Often M-F during the day plus occasional work on weeknights and weekends.
A TYPICAL DAY AT NORTE
A typical day will consist of working along with seven other remarkable people in Norte’s business casual environment either at our Grand Traverse County Civic Center headquarters or off-site office. Remote work is also part of Norte’s work culture and is the norm during the pandemic.
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume and to Ty Schmidt at email@example.com with “Donor Relations Specialist” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 5 pm EDT on Thursday, December 31, 2020.
The ideal candidate would start employment mid to late January 2021.
Norte is an equal opportunity and an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. Norte reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Traverse City and is considered to be exempt.
# # #
Happy. Healthy. Strong.