Roll on with Eats by Bike Week
Grab a bike, an Eats by Bike Week bingo card from Norte and hit local Businesses Champions for tasty eats.
As Northern Michigan Bike Month hits its mid-way mark, Norte invites everyone to join them in celebrating good eats accessible by bike. Eats by Bike Week is May 17 – 21 and encourages individuals to support the local restaurants and cafes that help Norte put more kids on bikes through their Business Champions program.
“The concept is straightforward. Visit elgruponorte.org to download your Eats by Week bingo card (PDF), then saddle up and hit up our region’s great eateries,” said Wes Sovis, Norte’s Donor Relations Specialist. “I can’t wait to see how many of them I can visit and dive into. I might need to ride a bit farther that week to work some of it off.”
In addition to combining the simple pleasure of biking with supporting local businesses, participants also have the chance to win prizes from Norte’s merchandise store. “To be entered to win a Norte Prize Pack, participants must submit a photo of their sweet eats to Norte — either through tagging us in a public post on social media or by emailing it to us,” added Sovis. Norte also offers a bonus Norte cowbell to everyone who submits five photos to achieve a “bingo” on their card.
Bike Month began in 1956 by The League of American Bicyclists to display the many benefits of bicycling and encourage others to get rolling. This year’s theme is #BikeThere to promote the everyday tasks accomplished on a bike. Norte’s Eats by Bike Week from May 17-21 exemplifies the #BikeThere credo while demonstrating the purchasing power of those who bike for everyday tasks.
To make the most out of Bike Month, Norte offers the following reminders.
- Give your bike a tune-up and get in early as local bike shops get busy quickly.
- Obey the rules of the road and ride with respect for others. We’re all in this together.
- Make sure your bike has working lights. You never know when you’ll need them.
For a complete list of activities for Northern Michigan Bike Month, visit Norte’s website at elgruponorte.org. On their website, you can also peruse Norte’s Wall of Champions, a list of businesses that support the organization with donations.
NORTHERN MICHIGAN BIKE MONTH CALENDAR
- May 15-16: 24 Hours at the Civic Center
- May 17-21: Eats by Bike Week
- May 19: Ride of Silence
- May 21: Kids vs. Adults — A Bike-Off
- May 22: Norte TuneUp at the Senior Center
- May 23: VIP Slow Roll
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.
Norte also supports socializing outside in well-ventilated areas and getting a vaccine as soon as available. If we all work together, we will beat this pandemic.