Systems and Communications Coordinator
Norte is seeking a Systems and Communications Coordinator to join Team Orange. The ideal candidate will be passionate about happy, healthy, strong communities and active-for-life kids.
The Norte Systems and Communications Coordinator supports a range of administration and communication activities to help further Norte’s mission. This position requires a genuine enthusiasm for Norte’s work and a passion for helping build happy, healthy, strong communities.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to interact and strengthen relationships inside and outside the organization effectively.
- Reports to: Communications Director
- Supervises: None
They will also work closely with our teams: communications, programs, development, and administration. This position will develop and strengthen external relationships with community members, such as partners, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
The Systems and Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities fall under three categories, data management, administration, and communications—ideally, integrating them to enable the organization to tell its story internally and externally.
- Ensure data is accurate, meaningful, up to date, and accessible for all staff, including detailed data lists and reporting.
- Integrate data between databases and prepare for export.
- Develop, maintain, and implement engagement plans across multiple platforms, including the creation of communication templates.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to deploy communications strategy and ongoing communications, including creating content for the weekly newsletter and social media platforms. This role requires cross-team coordination and compelling narrative and visual storytelling skills.
- Support all teams by measuring and evaluating progress across programs and turning that data and testimonials into compelling reports.
- With the Communications Director, manage and update Norte’s website, including drafting, editing, and publishing posts, pages, and events. Maintain a clean and efficient website structure.
- Manage Norte’s general email inbox
- Assist with scheduling staff, board, and committee meetings
- Assist Executive Director with administrative duties on an as-needed basis
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Required work is on time, and goals advanced.
- Written communication is clear, concise, professional, and free from error.
- Data and communication plans are adhered to and improved when appropriate.
- Data and communication outcomes are measured, and target goals are achieved.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
At least two years of relevant experience.
Formal Education or Equivalent
Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent.
- The desire to learn and grow professionally
- Superior social and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with solid organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience with, or willingness to learn: Salesforce, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress.
- Daily computer work.
- Occasional light lifting.
The Systems and Communications Coordinator is a full-time FLSA exempt position with a starting annual salary of $42,000.
- Benefits: Medical, paid vacation, paid holidays, technology stipend, flexible work schedule.
- Hours: Often M-F during the day plus occasional work on weeknights and weekends.
A TYPICAL DAY AT NORTE
A typical day will consist of working with eight other remarkable people in Norte’s business casual environment at the Clubhouse in Grand Traverse County Civic Center Park.
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume to Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systems and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 5 pm EST on Wednesday, June 23.
The ideal candidate would start employment mid to late July 2021.
Norte is an equal opportunity and an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. Norte reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Traverse City and is considered to be exempt.
# # #
Happy. Healthy. Strong.