What’s on your to-do list for fall?
There’s a ton of summer left, including four weeks of summer bike camp. Also, there are tons of days left to jump into Lake Michigan — August water temperatures are the best!
That said, I’m also starting to look to fall and the return to school. So here are my 11 reasons why fall is going to be great.
- Northern Michigan Regional Youth Mountain Bike Team — Michigan’s largest MTB team, is now offered in 12 locations from Benzie to Emmet County.
- Adventure Bike Club — now in 15 schools, ABC offers an exhilarating adventure to wrap up the school day.
- Bikes for All — we’re partnering with four schools and hosting weekly meetups at the Clubhouse because everyone deserves to feel the freedom of riding.
- Explore Academy — the once-a-week, six-week course introduces community planning and advocacy to the next generation of leaders.
- Adventurama — bikes, treasure, and glory. This choose-your-adventure scavenger hunt on bikes raises funds for Norte’s youth scholarship fund.
- Sunday Trail Rides — gear up for Ice Man or just hit the trails for a relaxing family ride. Sunday Trail Rides return when the colors start to change.
- VIP Slow Roll — Super Friends and Business Champions, join with el Colectivo and the Otwell Hub members for our second VIP Slow Roll.
- Walk and Roll Ambassadors — school ambassadors make safe routes fantastic routes. Ready to represent?
- Northern Michigan Walks to School Day — every year, we add schools, and we’re blown away by the turnout. This year, join us on Wednesday, October 6.
- Sidewalks Everywhere — by the fall, we’ll be walking on 3.5 miles of new sidewalk in Traverse City thanks to the Safe Routes to School grant.
- Orange Everywhere — come late September, and through October, nothing beats the eye-popping color change in the trees. Get out there!
What are you looking forward to this fall?
I hope you all can find ways to get outside with friends and family on a stroll or a roll.
This post was originally posted in our weekly newsletter. Are you signed up? If not, sign up today so you don’t miss learning about new programs, thrilling community events, and the wonderful people making Northern Michigan better every day.