The Norte Team Associate position will support a wide range of outreach activities, programs, and visitor interactions to help further Norte’s mission. The Team Associate works out of the Norte Clubhouse in the Grand Traverse County Civic Center, with some duties at the Norte Wheelhouse and some remotely. Strong communication skills, enthusiasm, and a desire to help Team Orange transform the culture of health in northern Michigan are essential.
- Reports to: Leadership Team
- Supervises: None
- Supports: The entire Norte staff, visitors, volunteers, and the general public.
The Norte Team Associate is responsible for welcoming visitors to the Clubhouse. They will often be the first point of contact for new patrons. Their responsibilities will be public-centric, and will include the ability to provide clear information about our programs and initiatives. The Team Associate will:
- Correctly direct public inquiries to the appropriate Norte personnel
- Maintain the Clubhouse as a welcoming community space and staff workplace
- Spearhead Norte events with critical planning, organization, and implementation
- Supervise on-site programs throughout the year (i.e., Balance Bike Club and Bikes for All Meetups)
- Oversee Norte’s merchandise (i.e., display, sorting, delivery, and inventory)
- Support the various needs of Norte staff and programs as they arise
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Success is measured by the following standards:
- Required work is completed on time
- Written communication is clear, concise, and professional
- Systems and processes are followed, and improved when appropriate
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
At least two years of relevant experience in customer service.
- Friendly, encouraging, informative
- Proficiency with G Suite, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, and Slides
- Cashier experience (Norte’s uses Lightspeed for inventory and point of sale)
- Professionalism when communicating on the phone, in email, or in person
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- The desire to learn and grow professionally
- Frequent computer work
- Occasional light lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional short bicycle riding
The Norte Team Associate is a part-time position with an hourly wage of $16–$18 per hour, depending on experience. The majority of the work will be carried out at the Norte Clubhouse located at the Grand Traverse County Civic Center. Some remote work is possible during the winter months.
The typical hours for the Team Associate will fluctuate slightly depending on the season.
Approximately 26 hours per week. Typically: Wednesday 10:00–6:00, Thursday 10:00–6:00, Friday 10:00–4:00, Saturday 10:00–2:00.
To apply, send an attached letter to Gary at email@example.com. Please title the subject line “Norte Team Associate.” Tell us your story and answer two questions in your letter: Why are you a good fit for Norte? And, what skills do you bring to the position?
We will review applications beginning April 11, and the position will remain open until we find the right candidate.