24 HOURS AT THE CIVIC CENTER
May 15-16, 2021
Presented by Miner’s North Jewelry
Norte is dreaming big to empower lots more kids — and those who love them — to be active-for-life, and this work relies on donations from people like you. We also love calling the Civic Center home and want to help make this park even better. 100% of 24 Hours and the Civic Center contributions will help improve the Civic Center and fund scholarships so kids in need can still participate in our programs.
The 2021 24–Hours at the Civic Center is a fun, family-friendly, community move-a-thon relay event to raise friends and funds for Norte’s youth scholarship fund and the Civic Center. We will walk, bike, run, and roll around the Civic Center path for 24 straight hours.
The adventure begins at noon on Saturday, May 15, and ends at noon on Sunday, May 16.
It’s in the name and our hearts. All activities and walks will start at the Norte Wheelhouse at the Grand Traverse Civic Center.
HOW IT WORKS
Step One: Register: Sign up for one or more 30-minute slots for $20. You commit to walk, jog, roll, or silly walk for your allotted time.
Step Two: Collecting pledges: Once you register, invite your friends, family, coworkers to pledge their support. Share your story on why you support Norte and the Civic Center. Make it personal to make it powerful. $50 is the suggested fundraising minimum. Share The Pledge Link.
Step Three: Move. Walk, roll, run, or skip around the Civic Center path in a clockwise fashion using the main path and shadow trail. Both will be open to the general public during the event.
Step Four: Celebrate. All participants are eligible for a super awesome prize raffle.
Follow the link to register and start generating pledges.
- All ages and abilities are welcome to participate. The Civic Center path is mostly flat but does feature one hill, so be prepared to go up and down a smidge. Late night and early morning slots are for adults only.
- This event is not a race, far from it. Speed and number of laps aren’t the goals. Leave the racing spandex at home too. 24HCC is all about fun and high-fives.
- Slots are every 30 minutes Saturday afternoon through the early evening (noon-9pm) and Sunday morning (9 am-noon). Late Saturday night and early Sunday morning (9 pm-9 am) are 1-hour slots.
- Families and groups of friends can ride together, but there is a max of 15 people per slot. The path will be open to the public during the event. Please be kind and courteous to other users.
- We also ask everyone to maintain social distance and wear masks if walking, running or biking with others.
If you’d like to help 24HCC run smoothly, sign up to volunteer by contacting Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DONATE A PRIZE
If you know a business that might want to sponsor 24HCC by donating a prize, please email Wes at email@example.com
Questions? Get at us.
MINER’S NORTH JEWELRY
24 HOURS AT THE CIVIC CENTER + COVID-19 RESPONSE
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our participants and volunteers. Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.