Adventure Bike Club
Spring session begins May 10, 2021
We’ll be using Active Network for registration again this year. If you’re new to the program, registration is fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. If you’ve forgotten your password from last year, resetting is easy and suggested prior to the registration date — that way, you’re all set to go when registration opens. Sign in at the top of the registration page, or enter your email address/username when prompted – no need to create a new family account!
Having trouble registering? Watch this how-to video with Coach Ben.
COACH OR VOLUNTEER WITH NORTE
RIDE WITH TEAM ORANGE!
After School Adventure Bike Club hits the streets and trails in late spring with sensational upper elementary and middle school students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be smart, independent, strong, and confident.
BIKE CLUB TEACHES KIDS…
- Bike safe skills
- Basic bike repair and maintenance skills
- Confidence and independence
- Sweet bike handling skills!
- Get fit and have fun–lots of fun!
Schools and Days below, exact times on the registration page.
- Willow Hill Elementary – Tuesdays
- Central Grade School – Thursdays
- Eastern Elementary – Thursdays
- Traverse Heights Elementary – Wednesdays
- Suttons Bay – Mondays and Wednesdays (two sessions) at Suttons Bay Public School
- Old Mission Peninsula School – Mondays at the Wheelhouse
- Grand Traverse Academy – Fridays at the Wheelhouse
- East Middle – Wednesdays at the Wheelhouse
- Cherry Knoll – Mondays at the Wheelhouse with a holiday make-up day on June 7
- Immaculate Conception – Fridays at IC
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – Fridays at the Wheelhouse
- Pathfinder – Fridays at the Wheelhouse
Open Session for kids from any school – Fridays at the Wheelhouse
Each session meets immediately after school and we roll for 90 minutes. Each session begins and ends at school (a few sessions also meet at the Norte Wheelhouse . Transportation from the school to the Wheelhouse is not provided).
After School Adventure Bike Club meets once a week for 4 weeks. The fall season starts the 2nd Monday after Labor Day, and the Spring season begins the 2nd Monday of May. If you don’t see your school listed, or this isn’t the program you’re looking for, you can find a program that’s right for your family at Norte Bike Programs.
- Bring a water bottle, snack, helmet, face covering, hand sanitizer, and bike to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to a minimum of five (5) participants and a maximum of six (6) participants. If five participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a full refund provided.
- Unless otherwise noted, participants will meet the instructor in front of the school immediately after dismissal.
- Wheelhouse sessions options for students who attend a school that is not safe or conducive to on-street riding. (Old Mission Peninsula School, Grand Traverse Academy, East Middle School, Cherry Knoll Elementary, SEAS, etc.)
- If the host school is closed, no after-school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Need a bike? Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
COVID-19 AND AFTER SCHOOL ADVENTURE BIKE CLUB
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver After School Adventure Bike Club confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
Norte commits to reinforcing public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community—happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one-page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIKE CLUB KIDS RECEIVE…
- A sweet wicking Norte T-shirt. If you already have a shirt, you can take $10 off something in our very orange online store
- Participants must be able to comfortably ride 4 miles (4th–5th grade) or 8 miles (6th-7th grade).
- A positive attitude and some basic bike-riding ability.
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
We know plans and circumstances change. Please read through the Norte cancellation policy below.
Cancellations Initiated by a Parent/Guardian or Participant
- Requests sent 4+ weeks prior to the program start date (by 4/10/21) will be issued a 100% refund minus a $10 service fee
- Requests sent 2+ weeks prior to the program start date (by 4/24/21) will be issued a 75% refund.
- Requests sent within 2 weeks of the program start will not receive a refund.
- If a Norte program does not fill its minimum enrollment requirement (5 students), a full refund will be issued.
Cancellations Initiated by State or Local Authorities (ex. COVID-19)
- If a Norte program cannot begin due to State or local policies, a full refund will be issued.
- If a Norte program has already begun and continuation is prohibited by State or local policies, a prorated refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Adventure Bike Club Title Sponsor
-Updated February 2021-