Adventure Bike Club Coach
Ready to coach for Adventure Bike Club?
Coaching is a seasonal job, with programs in the fall and the spring. A coach will express genuine enthusiasm for Norte’s mission and a passion for helping youth grow and succeed.
HOW TO APPLY
Begin the process by filling out a job application form.
To confirm receipt or follow up with questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Write in “ABC Coach” for the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and filled as needed.
If you would like to volunteer as a lead or assistance coach, please fill out the volunteer form at our volunteer page ➡️ Volunteer Page
- Follow program needs as described in the coach’s manual.
- Come to work ready to model happy, healthy, strong to our young riders.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Your riders have fun while building confidence and learning mad bike skills.
- The team rides safe at all times, on trails and streets.
- Responsibilities and tasks are completed on time and thoroughly.
- Written communication is clear, professional, and in line with Norte’s expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Exhibit a passion for bicycles and professionalism, with superior social skills and an ability to engage, encourage, and communicate with youth participants and their families.
- Demonstrate experienced cycling skills and be knowledgeable about urban riding skills, local bike routes, and basic bicycle repair.
- Practical problem-solving skills and creativity to make any situation a fun learning experience.
- Be able to ride 5-9 miles on streets and trails.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Adventure Bike Club varies typically meets right after school and teams ride for 90 minutes. A typical afternoon consists of riding bikes with your team of 8 kids and a volunteer assistant coach who rides sweep. You’ll help your group of young riders have fun and learn bike safety skills while finding adventure in several communities.
Norte Adventure Bike Club Coaching is a part-time, temporary (four months or less) position. Therefore, it is exempt from the minimum wage and overtime requirements. Compensation is $20/hour. Both spring and fall seasons run for four weeks, with individual teams riding one evening a week.
Norte is an equal opportunity and an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. Norte reserves the right to change the duties or position description at any time. This position location is specific to Benzie, Leelanau, Grand Traverse, Antrim, Charlevoix, and Emmet Counties. It is a non-exempt position.
- Register your child or grandchild into the program at 20% off
- Paid training
- 20% off Norte merch and used bikes