See you in Fall 2021!
Explore Traverse City. Seek treasure. Achieve glory. Find adventure. Much adventure! With health and safety in mind.
Adventurama is a game of strategy played atop bicycles on the neighborhood streets and trails of Traverse City. Part scavenger hunt. Part urban expedition. Part kids-on-bikes fundraiser. Part geocaching. Part costume contest. Full adventure!
Pedaling squads of 3-5 adventurers on a quest for glory will compete against each other in a not so serious way by exploring Traverse City, discovering treasure, completing challenges and solving riddles.
So grab your bike. Grab your friends. Be awesome. And let’s get ready to Adventurama!
- Made up of 3-5 adventurers. Every squad must have at least one adult adventurer.
- Have FUN! Adventurama! is all about fun.
- Seek adventure. Much adventure. Always.
- Be happy. Be kind. Ring your bell. Wave lots. Don’t be a jerk.
- Be healthy and safe. Wear a mask and remain at least 6 feet apart from non-family members.
- Squads MUST stay together.
- Squads MUST follow the rules of the road. Blow a stop sign, lose 50 points.
- Spandex is NOT allowed. Wear spandex, lose 25 points
Things to bring:
- A functioning bicycle for each adventurer, of course
- One smartphone
- One pen
- One backpack or something to carry your treasure in
The squad with the most points “wins”.
Treasure spots and bonus point opportunities are weighted. You will not be able to complete them all, so it’s up to your squad to determine which items to tackle.
Squads will be issued the Treasure Map. If your squad feels confident on the list and wishes to earn additional points, you may draw from the Challenge Card pile.
Challenge Cards are worth big points, but if you fail to successfully complete the challenge you will be docked the number of points that challenge is worth.
You win this game by racking up points. Bonus points and challenge cards are key elements, but take your risks wisely!
Each squad has a Treasure Log that is maintained by the squad Captain. If you draw any challenge cards, they will be recorded on your Treasure Log.
When you arrive back to Workshop Brewing at your designated time, please check in with Team Orange.
You will then carry your Treasure Log to a Scoring Judge who will process your Adventurama accomplishments and activities to award the corresponding points.
Unless otherwise stated, a photograph must be taken to prove bonus point and Challenge Card completion.
Scoring takes time. Our volunteer Judges work carefully to ensure all points are properly accounted for.
Earning additional points:
- Enlist your squad before September 1 – 15 bonus points
- #Adventurama to your fave social media channel– 3 bonus points each
- You can earn a maximum of 15 points when you post videos of your squad preparing for Adventurama! Posts must include the hashtag #Adventurama.
- “Check in” at Adventurama Sponsors – 3 points each
- You can earn a maximum of 15 points this summer when you ride your bike down to any of our amazing Adventurama Sponsors (see list below). Just “check in” with a selfie and tag Norte.
- Best Squad theme execution – 25 points
- Judged on costumes, unification, embodiment, and spirit
- Best individual costume – 15 points
- Challenge Cards (select at WBC if desired) – Various points
- Challenge Cards are optional. Big points up for grabs but also big risk. Your squad will be docked points if you’re unable to complete the task.
Special squad information:
Adventurama is a game with plenty of opportunity for strategy. Once you receive your Treasure Map, sit down with your squad and make a plan of attack.
What’s the best way to “win”? Follow the rules, plan your strategy and have fun. Fun is highly rewarded in this game.
Remember that this is a game with rules. Pay attention to the rules – they’re clearly spelled out in your Treasure Log.