Happy people on bicycles prepare to unite!
Explore Traverse City. Seek treasure. Achieve glory. Find adventure. Much adventure!
Adventurama is a game of strategy played atop bicycles on the neighborhood streets and trails of Traverse City. Part scavenger hunt. Part urban expedition. Part kids-on-bikes fundraiser. Part geocaching. Part costume contest. Full adventure!
Pedaling squads of 3-5 adventurers on a quest for #BikeTVC glory will compete against each other in a not so serious way by exploring Traverse City, discovering treasure, completing challenges and solving riddles.
So grab your bike. Grab your friends. Be awesome. And let’s get ready to Adventurama!
NEW IN 2019
- September 7th, 2019
- Noon. The course opens at 1. All squads must be back by 3. Awards at 4.
- The Workshop Brewing Company
- Made up of 3-5 adventurers. Every squad must have at least one adult adventurer.
- $50 donation/squad
All proceeds to support happy, healthy, ready-to-learn kids to be active for life.
You can also sign up in person at the Clubhouse with cash or check.
- Have FUN! Adventurama! is all about fun.
- Seek adventure. Much adventure. Always.
- Be happy. Be kind. Ring your bell. Wave lots. Don’t be a jerk.
- Squads MUST stay together.
- Squads MUST follow the rules of the road. Blow a stop sign, lose 50 points.
- Spandex is NOT allowed. Wear spandex, lose 25 points
Things to bring:
- A functioning bicycle for each adventurer, of course
- One smartphone
- One pen
- One backpack or something to carry your treasure in
12:00 – Check-in opens at The Workshop Brewing Company (WBC)
12:30 – Mandatory squad meeting. All squads must be checked in
12:45 – Treasure maps Challenge Cards are unveiled
12:55 – Last opportunity to draw from the Challenge Card pile
1:00 – Course opens. Squads are released
2:30 – Scoring opens (squads cannot return before this time)
3:00 – Deadline – Your squad will be docked 5 points for every 5 minutes you are late. We set the time based on our Timing Master’s phone clock.
3:30 – Scoring closes – We will not accept returning squads after this time
4:00 – Awards ceremony and after-party at WBC.
The squad with the most points “wins”.
Treasure spots and bonus point opportunities are weighted. You will not be able to complete them all, so it’s up to your squad to determine which items to tackle.
Squads will be issued the Treasure Map 15 minutes before the course opens. If your squad feels confident on the list and wishes to earn additional points, you may draw from the Challenge Card pile.
Challenge Cards are worth big points, but if you fail to successfully complete the challenge you will be docked the number of points that challenge is worth.
The first squad to arrive at a Treasure spot should be on the lookout for an Orange Envelope of Happy. Mas bonus points!
It is possible for Orange Envelopes of Happy to exist in locations that are not Treasure spots so keep your eyes peeled.
You win this game by racking up points. Bonus points and challenge cards are key elements, but take your risks wisely!
Each squad has a Treasure Log that is maintained by the squad Captain. If you draw any challenge cards, they will be recorded on your Treasure Log.
When you arrive back to WBC, check in with the Timing Master to have your arrival time documented on your Treasure Log.
You will then carry your Treasure Log to a Scoring Judge who will process your Adventurama! accomplishments and activities to award the corresponding points.
Unless otherwise stated, a photograph must be taken to prove bonus point and Challenge Card completion. Orange envelopes of happy must be brought back to WBC to be scored.
Scoring takes time. Our volunteer Judges work carefully to ensure all points are properly accounted for.
Earning additional points:
Enlist your squad before August 9 – 15 bonus points
#Adventurama to your fave social media channel– 3 bonus points each
- You can earn a maximum of 15 points when you post videos of your squad preparing for Adventurama! Posts must include the hashtag #Adventurama and must be made before September 8th
“Check in” at Adventurama Sponsors – 3 points each
- You can earn a maximum of 15 points this summer when you ride your bike down to any of our amazing Adventurama Sponsors (see list below). Just “check in” with a selfie and tag Norte.
Best Squad theme execution – 25 points
- Judged on costumes, unification, embodiment, and spirit
Best individual costume – 15 points
Challenge Cards (select at WBC if desired) – Various points
- Challenge Cards are optional. Big points up for grabs but also big risk. Your squad will be docked points if you’re unable to complete the task.
Orange Envelopes of Happy (find them on the course and bring back to WBC) – Various points
- You cannot be docked points for Orange Envelopes. They are all happy.
Special squad information:
Adventurama is a game with plenty of opportunity for strategy. Once you receive your Treasure Map, sit down with your squad and make a plan of attack.
What’s the best way to “win”? Follow the rules, plan your strategy and have fun. Fun is highly rewarded in this game.
Remember that this is a game with rules. Pay attention to the rules – they’re clearly spelled out in your Treasure Log.
Arrive at the Workshop early for check-in. This is your time to ask questions.
Thank you, Adventurama sponsors