2021 is in the books — thank you. See you next September!
Explore Traverse City, seek treasure, achieve glory, and find adventure—much adventure.
Adventurama is a game of strategy played on bicycles upon the neighborhood streets and trails of Traverse City. Part scavenger hunt, part urban expedition, part kids-on-bikes fundraiser. It’s geocaching and a costume contest. Pedaling squads of three-five adventurers on a quest for glory will compete against each other in a not-so-serious way as they discover treasure, solve riddles, and complete the challenge.
Tune-up those bikes, grab your friends, and get ready to Adventurama — whoop!
- Noon: Check-in opens at The Workshop Brewing Company (WBC).
- 12:30 — Mandatory squad meeting.
- 12:45 — Treasure maps and challenge cards unveiled.
- 12:55 — Last opportunity to draw from the challenge card pile.
- 1:00 — Course opens. Squads are released. Fun explodes.
- 2:30 — Scoring opens (teams cannot return before this time)
- 3:00 — Deadline. Your team will be docked 5 points for every 5 minutes you are late. We set the time based on the Time Master’s phone.
- 3:30 — Scoring closes. We will not accept returning squads after this time.
- 4:00 — Awards ceremony and after-party at WBC.
All proceeds to support our youth scholarship fund. $60 registration fee per squad.
Each squad may have three-five adventurers. In addition, we require at least one adult adventurer per team.
Compete in one of the following categories:
- Family: Must have at least two kids under 12 years of age
- Open: Anything goes (as long as the team has one adult)
- Corporate: Must all work in the same place
- Have fun. Adventurama is all about fun. 😄
- Be happy. Be kind. Ring your bell. Wave lots.
- Squads must stay together. Travel as a team.
- Squads must follow the rules of the road. Fail to stop at a stop sign, risk losing 50 points. 🛑
WHAT TO BRING
You’ll need at least one smartphone, a pen, and a backpack to carry your treasure in. And, of course, a functioning bicycle for each adventurer.
POINT SYSTEM & SCORING
The squad with the most points wins. And, there are lots of winners. But, please note, treasure spots and bonus point opportunities are weighted. You will not complete them all, so it’s up to your squad to determine which items to prioritize.
Squads will be issued the Treasure Map. If your team feels confident on the list and wishes to earn additional points, you may draw from the challenge card pile. Challenge cards are worth big points, but you will be docked the number of points that challenge is worth if you fail to complete the challenge.
You win Adventurama by racking up points. Bonus points and challenge cards are crucial elements but take your risks wisely.
Each squad has a Treasure Log that the squad Captain maintains.
When you arrive back to Workshop Brewing at your designated time, please check in with Team Orange. You will then carry your Treasure Log to a scoring judge who will process your Adventurama accomplishments and activities to award the corresponding points.
Unless otherwise stated, a photograph is required to prove bonus point and Challenge Card completion.
Scoring takes time. Our volunteer judges work carefully to document all points. So please grab a refreshment and be patient for final scores.
EARN EXTRA POINTS
- Enlist your squad before August 15 = 15 bonus points
- #Adventurama to your fave social media channel = 3 bonus points each (You can earn a maximum of 15 points when you post videos of your squad preparing for Adventurama. Posts must include the hashtag #Adventurama.)
- Best Squad theme execution = 25 points (judged on costumes, unification, embodiment, and spirit)
- Best individual costume = 15 points
Do you want to help?
We need volunteers to make Adventurama the best ever. Sign up to volunteer today and we’ll get you rolling.
The Title Sponsor of the Adventurama is Anne Schwartz Realtor Bayshore Re/Max. Adventurama contributing sponsors are Copy Central, Traverse City Record-Eagle, The Workshop Brewing Company, and Bethany Design — thank you.