Walk & Roll Advocacy
Norte believes that people of all ages and abilities have the right to walk and roll by design. So, we’re making northern Michigan inviting and enjoyable to walk or roll everywhere. And, we’re not alone. Citizen advocates like you are right there with us.
WHAT WE DO
Our goal is ever-improve walk, bike, and roll infrastructure, policies, and budgets. We do this by leading the charge for:
- Safe Routes to School programs
- Putting people on bikes year-round.
- Hands-on training for citizen advocates in both the Advocate Academy and Explore Academy.
- We host walking audits, planning events, and community slow rolls.
- Assist our supporting businesses through our Business Champions program. This program also hosts our Excellent Bike Parking initiative.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Norte is only one piece of the puzzle. To see our vision through, we need many voices. We need your voice to help advocate for safe, convenient, and accessible opportunities. We need you to champion biking, walking, and rolling year-round.
Interested in Norte’s advocacy work? Email Norte’s Advocacy Director Gary Howe at email@example.com.
Follow our weekly newsletter for opportunities to engage and represent.