While Norte is committed to building a stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly communities full time, we are only one piece of the puzzle. In order to see our vision through, we need YOUR voice. We need YOU to advocate for safe, convenient and accessible opportunities. We need YOU to champion biking, walking and rolling year round. We need YOU to take action.
Norte believes that people of all ages and abilities have the right to safely access schools, parks, neighborhoods, beaches, businesses, and public transit by bike or foot. Let us know what is important to you and how to better engage, empower and energize others. Together, we will push for best practice walk/bike infrastructure, forward-thinking policy and smart community design for a stronger northern Michigan.
Let us know what YOUR walk/bike priorities are and if you’d like to get involved with one of our 3 advocacy teams:
- Through the use of various forms of media, the Megaphones will educate the public on the benefits and need for safe, convenient, and accessible infrastructure and policy that supports active transportation
- Will establish and nurture relationships with elected officials and government staff and educate them on the benefits and need for safe, convenient, and accessible infrastructure and policy that supports active transportation.
- Will regularly attend public meetings and input sessions to directly advocate for safe, convenient, and accessible infrastructure and policy that supports active transportation
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to bolster efforts and avoid duplication of work
- Perform proactive policy review to ensure non-motorized transportation options are fairly represented in municipal planning and policy
- Will plan, coordinate, and deploy creative ideas to assist the public and local government in realizing solutions to creating a more walkable/bike-friendly TC region
- Plan and organize public input and engagement opportunities to increase awareness and grassroots support around key issues (ie Barlow “mini-charette)