The Traverse City Summer Bike Camp
Make your summer bike-tastic! The Traverse City Summer Bike Camp is an adventure-based, week long, half-day camp.
This camp teaches elementary and middle school-aged kids urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure. Much adventure!
Summer Bike Camp’ers will:
- Explore Traverse City on your bike and discover its awesome places
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart around town with your friends
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Knowing how to change a flat or adjust your brakes is IMPORTANT
- Become a bike handling ninja
- Build independence and confidence. Meet new friends. Be active. Have FUN!
Four sessions available for incoming:
- 1st and 2nd graders
- 3rd and 4th graders
- 5th and 6th graders
- 7th and 8th graders
Sessions begin the week after school and run through August (no camp during Cherry Fest and Film Fest).
- 9:00 AM-noon; Monday to Friday
- Camp starts and ends at the Norte Wheelhouse at the Civic Center Park
All campers receive:
- A super cool wicking Norte T-shirt
- Already have a Bike Más Project T-shirt from a previous season? No problem! We’ll provide you with a discount coupon to our online merch store when you register!
- An annual membership to our Clubhouse
- Positive attitude
- Able to comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st – 2nd grade), 5-6 miles (3rd-4th), 7-8 miles (5th-6th grade), 8 miles + (7th-8th grade).
- Scholarships are available. Please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org
No bike? Or your current bike isn’t great? We have several awesome bikes to lend from our library for the week of camp!
Give the gift of adventure with a Summer Bike Camp gift certificate.
Have a gift certificate? Lucky! Give the Clubhouse a call to sign up: 231-883-2404
Email us at email@example.com with questions.
Thank you, sponsors, for supporting the Traverse City Summer Bike Camp!