The Traverse City Summer Bike Camp
2020 SUMMER BIKE CAMP
Registration opens January 13, 2020 at noon!
MAKE YOUR SUMMER BIKE-TASTIC!
The Traverse City Summer Bike Camp is an adventure-based, week long, half-day camp. Bike camp teaches elementary and middle school-aged kids urban bike safety skills and builds confidence and a sense of adventure. Is adventure what summer is about?
Norte bike campers will:
- Explore Traverse City on bikes and discover all of its fun spots
- Learn how to bike safe and smart around town
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Bolster their independence and build their confidence
- Make new friends and have fun–lots of fun!
Sessions begin the week after school and run through August. There is no bike camp during National Cherry Festival and Traverse City Film Festival.
Camp sessions are organized by grades, and are available for incoming, 1st and 2nd graders, 3rd and 4th graders, 5th and 6th graders, and 7th and 8th graders.
TIME AND LOCATION
- Each camp session begins on Monday and runs until Friday, 9:00 AM to noon
- Camp starts and ends at the Norte Wheelhouse within the Grand Traverse County Civic Center Park
ALL BIKE CAMPERS RECEIVE
- A super cool Norte camp T-shirt. (Students who already have a t-shirt may choose a discount coupon for the Norte merchandise store.)
- All bike campers are awarded an annual membership to our Clubhouse
- First and foremost, we require a positive attitude and some basic biking ability.
- Each day we’ll ride bikes all over town. By the end of the Summer Bike Camp, kids will be able to comfortably ride ride 5-8 miles or even further for the older kids 🙂
- Bikes are not provided as part of bike camp. However, if you need a bike we have several awesome bikes to lend from our library for the week of camp. Please let us know before camp starts.
EXTRA FULL-DAY OPTION: “RIDE & KICK
In partnership with TBAYS, we’re excited to offer a full-day option featuring soccer from 1-4 pm at the Civic Center. The bike campers will spend the morning with their Norte coach riding bikes, pause for a BYO-lunch in the park, then continue with soccer in the afternoon with the TBAYS’ nationally-licensed coaches. The Ride & Kick options is available for all ages only on the weeks of June 17th and July 22nd.
- Ride & Kick campers need to bring their own lunch
- Bike camp runs 9:00 am until noon, soccer camp runs 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm
- Pick up is at the Norte Wheelhouse
If you’d like to register for the soccer camp only, you can do so at TBAYS Registration website.
Full refunds are available 2 weeks prior to your camp start date. After that, a refund of 80% of the registration fee is refundable within 13 days of start date. Sorry, but there are no refunds for cancellations within 24 hours. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- $115 for one one-week session.
- $TBD for full day “Ride & Kick” (limited availability)
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our bike programs. We have partial and full scholarships for every one of our programs available. Contact email@example.com (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship prior to registering.