Norte Summer Bike Camp Coach
****JUNE 4 2020 UPDATE****
Due to the pandemic, we’re postponing camps until 2021 in all communities EXCEPT Traverse City.
The Norte Summer Bike Camp teaches confidence, independence, and urban bike safety skills to 1st-8th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
BIKE CAMP COACHES SHOULD:
- believe in the Norte vision
- love to ride bikes
- love working with kids
- love helping kids succeed
- be able to attend two mandatory 2-hour training sessions
- be knowledgeable about or willing to learn bike safety
- have basic bike repair skills
- be current on CPR/First Aid certification (classes available)
- be awesome people
- like the color orange
- be able to write clear, concise, timely, error-free emails to their program participants on a daily basis during camp (Norte provides a communications package with draft emails to assist)
Camps start the first-week school gets out in June and run all summer long through August.
Camps are 5 days/week, 9am – noon.
Camps are broken up into four groups:
- 1st/2nd graders
- 3rd/4th graders
- 5th/6th graders
- 7th/8th graders
CAMPS AVAILABLE IN
Each camp has no more than 8 kids. Coaches are assisted by one Liderato (high schoolers in our youth leadership council) during camp. Coaches can request which age group they’d prefer to work with.
In Traverse City, some Coaches will be able to work until 1pm to supervise lunch at the Wheelhouse and get campers to their afternoon activity.
It’s preferred if Coaches are able to commit to leading at least 3 camps during the summer.
8:30 – 12:15pm Monday and 8:45 – 12:15pm Tuesday – Friday
Coaches are paid $20/hr
Please email resume stating your suitability for this position to Executive Director Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Grupo Norte Youth Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.