Summer Bike Camp
If your first choice is full, please check additional dates or register for the waitlist.
MAKE YOUR SUMMER BIKE-TASTIC!
Make your summer bike-tastic! Norte’s Summer Bike Camps are an adventure-based, week-long, half-day camp. It teaches elementary and middle school-aged kids urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure. Many adventures!
We use Active Network for registration. If you’re new to the program, registration is fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. Sign in at the top of the registration page (link above), and enter your email address username when prompted–no need to create a new family account for the new year!
A quick, little video that might help with Active Networks registration questions.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CAMP
Summer bike campers explore their town on their bike and discover many wonderful places. In addition to making new friends, staying active, and having the best summer ever, young riders learn:
- How to bike safely and smart
- Basic bike repair and maintenance skills.
- To become a bike handling ninja.
Summer bike camp may include light off-road riding on fun trails close to our starting points. As their experience grows, young riders may also ride up to 10 miles in the morning. Let’s help prepare them for their best with a healthy breakfast, water in their water bottle, and pack some snacks in their bags.
SESSIONS AVAILABLE FOR INCOMING
Summer Bike Camp teams are grouped by grades. Choose the grade that your child is going into in the fall. Our teams are divided by grade: 1st and 2nd graders, 3rd and 4th graders, and 5th and 6th graders.
- July 12-16
- August 9-13
Start and finish at The Cyclery in beautiful Glen Arbor, MI, and run 9:00 am-noon, Monday–Friday.
ALL CAMPERS RECEIVE
- A super cool wicking Norte T-shirt
- Already have a T-shirt from a previous season? No problem! We’ll provide you with a discount coupon to our online merch store when you register!
- Positive attitude
- Able to comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st – 2nd grade), 5-6 miles (3rd-4th), 7-8 miles (5th-6th grade)
No bike? Norte’s Youth Bike Library in Traverse City and Elk Rapids may help with program bikes available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact a staff member at email@example.com or 231-883-2404 to get one reserved.
- $120 for a week of Bike Camp from Monday to Friday mornings.
- 10% off Bike Camp when registering siblings.
- 10% off when registering for 2 or more camp sessions.
- Discounts only apply for registrations that are purchased in the same order (i.e., as part of the same cart).
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships for every one of our programs available (One scholarship per child per season). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship before registering.
We know plans and circumstances change. Please read through the Norte cancellation policy below.
Cancellations Initiated by a Parent/Guardian or Participant
- Requests sent 4+ weeks prior to the camp session start date will be issued a 100% refund minus a $10 service fee
- Requests sent 2+ weeks prior to the camp session start date will be issued a 75% refund.
- Requests sent within 2 weeks of the camp session start will not receive a refund.
Cancelations Initiated by State or Local Authorities (ex. COVID-19)
- If a Norte program cannot begin due to State or local policies, a full refund will be issued.
- If a Norte program has already begun and continuation is prohibited by State or local policies, a prorated refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com.
COVID-19 & BIKE CAMP
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of all our campers, guests, and staff. We confidently deliver programs and events because our staff and families follow preventive measures and monitoring protocols for COVID-19. We also stay outside as much as possible–of course.
We require all campers and staff to bring a mask for when social distancing is not possible. We also encourage everyone eligible to vaccinate as soon as possible and recognize that many of our young riders are 11 and under, and not yet vaccinated. If you are not feeling well, please join us the next time when you feel better. Let’s practice healthy habits and make this a fabulous summer. Let’s do this together.