Norte Summer Bike Camp Instructor
The Norte Summer Bike Camp teaches confidence, independence, and urban bike safety skills to 1st-8th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
BIKE CAMP INSTRUCTORS SHOULD:
- believe in the Norte vision
- love to ride bikes
- love working with kids
- love helping kids succeed
- be able to attend two mandatory 2-hour training sessions
- be knowledgeable about or willing to learn bike safety
- have basic bike repair skills
- be current on CPR/First Aid certification (classes available)
- be awesome people
- like the color orange
- be able to write clear, concise, timely, error-free emails to their program participants on a daily basis during camp (Norte provides a communications package with draft emails to assist)
Camps start the first-week school gets out in June and run all summer long through August.
Camps are 5 days/week, 9am – noon.
Typically camps are broken up into four groups:
- 1st/2nd graders
- 3rd/4th graders
- 5th/6th graders
- 7th/8th graders
CAMPS AVAILABLE IN
Each camp has no more than 8 kids. Instructors are assisted by one Liderato (high schoolers in our youth leadership council) during camp.
In Traverse City, instructors will also help supervise lunch at the Wheelhouse and get campers to their afternoon activity.
It’s preferred if instructors are able to commit to leading at least 3 camps during the summer.
In Traverse City: 8:45 – 1:15pm Monday – Friday
Other communities: 8:45 – 12:15pm Monday – Friday
In Traverse City: instructors are paid $450/week of camp
Other communities: instructors are paid $400/week of camp
Please email resume stating your suitability for this position to Executive Director Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
El Grupo Norte Youth Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.