Bike Friendly Business Certification
Bikes are great for businesses, employees, and the community. We also know that companies that go the extra mile to encourage more extensive bicycle reap the benefits. Norte wants to help your business be as bike-friendly as possible and promote your efforts far and wide.
The League of American Bicyclists runs the Bicycle Friendly Business program. It provides recognition and guidance for businesses to showcase and enhance their bicycle-friendliness. Norte can help you put your business on the national map for bike friendliness. We will also unlock its value by celebrating the heck out of your efforts in Northern Michigan.
Next Application Deadline
- Summer 2021 – Deadline, June 10.
Under Norte’s Business Champion Program, Norte will work with a representative from your business to first run through a quick assessment of the current site plan, policies, and culture. From there, we can work together on a plan of action that fits your needs. We can be aggressive in pursuing a Bicycle Friendly Business certification or lay back and first implement some recommendations to improve the walk and bike conditions.
As a Norte Business Champion, once you’re ready to apply, we will administer that process for you and continue to offer ways to improve your standing in the application. Once you awarded, we will also help keep track of when you need to renew. The certification lasts for four years. All businesses receive feedback from the League of American Bicyclists, and we will help you understand and implement improvements.
Benefits of Bicycle Friendly Certification
- National recognition for being a leader in wellness, sustainability, and corporate responsibility. It is a great recruitment tool for retaining and attracting talent.
- The Bicycle Friendly Business application itself provides valuable feedback on ways to become even more bicycle (and walk!) friendly.
- Join part of a network that shares resources, ideas, and best practices.
- Help put Northern Michigan on the map as a leader in Businesses that are committed to helping more people getting around on foot and bike.
The Bicycle Friendly Business certification is a lengthy process on the initial application. But, it shows a shared commitment to raising the standards of improved accessibility for people who want to visit your business on bikes. Working together, we can enhance not only your business but also Greater Grand Traverse at the same time.
If you’re interested in learning more, contact our advocacy director at email@example.com.