Join Team Orange: Norte Hiring a Business Manager
Norte is hiring!
Norte is seeking an Business Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about happy, healthy, strong communities and active for life kids. This position is full time, year round, and will report to the Executive Director.
The Business Manager supports a wide range of programming, outreach, and advocacy activities to further Norte’s mission of building happy, healthy, strong communities. Strong operational, business management, accounting, human resources, supervisory, and communication skills are essential to help Team Orange transform the culture of health in the Grand Traverse region.
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Supervises: Administrative Assistant
Works with: Accountant, Program Director, Development Director, Advocacy Director, Antrim County Coordinator, School Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Board of Directors, and coaches. As well as external stakeholders, such as partners, donors, volunteers, and the general public
- Manages Norte’s day to day operations, including facilities staffing
- Manages bookkeeping and accounting duties, including organizing funds and invoices, processing payments, and preparing bank deposits.
- Handles Norte’s Human Resource duties
- Administers Norte’s database (Salesforce) to ensure all data is accurate, meaningful, accessible, and up to date.
- Assists with grants, financial and in-kind donations, fee-for-services, and memberships processing.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Operational systems and procedures are adhered to and improved upon as necessary.
- Human Resources systems and procedures are adhered to and improved upon as necessary.
- Bookkeeping and accounting systems and procedures are adhered to and improved upon as necessary.
- Data systems and procedures are adhered to and improved upon as necessary.
- Responsibilities are completed in a timely fashion.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Leading candidates will have at least five years of relevant experience in business or nonprofit management.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
A bachelor’s degree in business management or a related field is preferred with an MBA degree desirable. In addition or in lieu of a college degree, applicants with relevant experience and associated certifications in facilities, records, or data management are encouraged to apply.
- Exhibit strong operational, business management, and supervisory skills
- Proficiency with basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Exhibit professionalism when communicating on the phone, in email, or in-person
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficiency or willingness to learn with QuickBooks
- Proficiency or willingness with Salesforce
- Proficiency with Google Suite including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- The desire to learn and grow professionally
- Daily computer work
- Occasional light lifting
The Business Manager is a full-time FLSA exempt position with a starting salary of $50,000. Excellent benefits offered.
WHAT WILL A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
A typical day will consist of working along with 6 other awesome people in Norte’s business casual environment either at our Grand Traverse County Civic Center headquarters or off-site office. The day will consist of working independently with operational, business management, accounting, human resources, and supervisory duties. Some of this work can be done remotely.
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume and send to Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm EST on Friday, October 9th.
The ideal candidate would start employment mid-late October.
Norte is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. Norte reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Traverse City and is considered to be exempt.