Norte’s Spring Programs: Canceled
According to the Governor’s Executive Order, we will cancel all after school programs for the spring. This is obviously a major disappointment for us on Team Orange, including our many awesome coaches and instructors, and the families of more than 200 kids who were signed up already.
We are still planning on a robust summer schedule, and dreaming up ways for you and your family to stay active and embrace the core mission of Norte during these uncertain times:
- Summer Bike Camps in Traverse City, Elk Rapids, and Suttons Bay should be extra amazing this year. We continue to open more spots, so take advantage of the waitlists.
- GO*REC and Norte are planning on a very cool, week-long overnight mountain bike camp for teenagers in June.
- Norte jerseys, shorts, and kit can still be purchased at cost at our online store and picked up while maintaining physical distance.
- Does your athlete still want to be a Varsity mountain bike racer, and earn the chance to wear the new jersey? As soon as the 25K trail clears, we will host virtual, solo time-trials on the Kolo SOL course using Strava.
- Do the kids need something to train for? Habitat for Humanity’s Racing for Home race is still planned for June 20. No charge for Norte riders with the codes below
Kids age 10 and under: 64EBE267
Kids age 11-14: 3C2D9C27
Kids age 15-18: 3CFDFE8A
Adults 30% off until May 1: R4H2020
- With schools closed, Norte will be lending out our fleet of balance bikes (might as well get those tiny bikes under some squirrely 2-5 year olds, right?).
The weather is turning towards spring, so let’s find our sunglasses and get outside while the getting’s good. Stay active, stay healthy, and keep your distance for now. Go find your happy space!
Norte Does Iceman: A 2019 Photo Gallery
Huge thanks to everyone who came out to cheer and support these tough kids at an epic Iceman. They raced their hearts out with grit and grace in some very challenging conditions and we couldn’t be more proud of them.
Want to get involved in the Grand Traverse Youth Mountain Bike Team?