Safe Routes To School Champions
BECOME A SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL (SRTS) CHAMPION
YOUR VOICE IS IMPORTANT
While Norte is committed to empowering and encouraging kids to actively get themselves to school full time, we still need your voice. We are only one piece of the puzzle. It is critical for like-minded parents to advocate for active, happy, ready-to-learn kids at their school. Our message is amplified when awesome moms and dads take ownership of their school’s active transportation plan and get involved.
Our SRTS Team is a grassroots initiative dedicated to empowering parents to get involved at their school and in their neighborhood.
Norte SRTS team members:
- Advocate for happy, healthy, ready-to-learn kids at their school
- Support stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly communities
- Act as a liaison at their school and in their neighborhood
- Champion walk/bike to school events and programs
- Recruit future work team members
- Meet as an area-wide group 1-2x/year