Safe Routes To School Champions
While Norte is committed to empowering and encouraging kids to actively get themselves to school full time, we are only one piece of the puzzle. It is critical for like-minded parents to advocate for active, happy, ready-to-learn kids at their school.
Real change is local. Micro-local, even. Family by family. Street by street. We have developed a grassroots method that recruits, trains and empowers neighborhood school champions to take charge and be that change. With the help of these local advocates, Norte strives to weave a culture of health into the very fabric of schools so that they can be their best – their healthiest.
Our Safe Routes To School (SRTS) Champions project is a grassroots initiative dedicated to empowering like-minded moms and dads to get involved at their school and in their neighborhood.
Norte SRTS Champions:
- Believe in the Norte mission
- Advocate for happy, healthy, ready-to-learn kids at their school
- Support stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly neighborhoods
- Like the color orange
- Act as a liaison at their school and in their neighborhood
- Champion walk/bike to school events and programs
- Recruit future champions
- Meet as an area-wide group 1x/year