Awesome news! We found a home. After 3 years of working at the dining room table, fixing bikes in the garage and meeting up with bike trains at our co-founders‘ place on Washington Street, we are super excited that Norte! has finally found a home of its own. The new Norte! Clubhouse is now for reals at the Civic Center (old police sector building near the basketball courts).
Among other things, The Clubhouse will act as Traverse City’s Community Bike Shop.
Clubhouse membership is just $10/year for an individual and $25/year for a family.
Clubhouse members enjoy:
- Use of our tools during Open Shop hours
- Access to our professional mechanic during Open Shop hours
- Member only community night fiestas
- Discounts on our programs, classes and workshops
- First dibs on our Bike Library bikes
The Clubhouse will also act as a homebase for Norte!’s:
- Bike safety and bike repair programming
- Safe Routes To School events
- El Liderato, our youth leadership council
Clubhouse memberships support our programming:
- The Bike Mas Project – Adventure-based bike safety program (summer camp and after school program) for upper elementary students.
- El Barrio Bike Fix – Sharing tools and knowledge with the public in a pizza fueled community bike fix event.
- El Liderato – A youth leadership council that empowers young people to stand up, speak up, get involved and do good in their community.
- La Solución – A learn-to-wrench after school program for upper elementary and middle school students.
- Bike2Bus – Pop up bike racks for students taking the bus to Woodland and Eastern Stars going to Bertha Vos.
- Estrellas – A summertime learn to ride series for 2 – 6 year olds using balance bikes.
- Norte! Bike Library – Ensuring that awesome kids have awesome bikes to pedal to school, to the park, to the library or to wherever no matter their family’s resources.
This new home has us more motivated than ever to expand Norte!’s work of inspiring young people through bicycles and building a stronger, better connected and more bicycle friendly Traverse City.
THANK YOU! Clubhouse Partners
The Clubhouse is still very much a work in progress but check out this quick tour. Fast forward to 0:50 and please excuse Ty’s ramblings as this was done live without much planning ;)