Awesome news! We found a home. After 3 years of working at the dining room table, fixing bikes in the garage and meeting up with bike trains at our co-founders‘ place on Washington Street, we are super excited that Norte! has finally found a home of its own. The new Norte! Clubhouse is now for reals at the Civic Center near the new plaground.
Among other things, The Clubhouse is Traverse City’s Community Bike Shop.
M-F 10a-4p (+4 – 6p, volunteer dependent)
Saturday 12-4p (volunteer dependent).
Want to volunteer at the shop?
Clubhouse membership is just $10/year for an individual and $25/year for a family.
Clubhouse members enjoy:
- Use of our tools and workbenches during Open Shop hours
- Access to learn from our mechanic during Open Shop hours
- Free high fives during Open Shop hours
- Discounted registration fees to our classes, workshops and programs
- Super FUN! member only events
- First dibs on our Bike Library bike
The Clubhouse will also act as a homebase for Norte!’s:
- Bike safety and bike repair programming
- Safe Routes To School events
- El Liderato, our youth leadership council
Clubhouse memberships and donations support our many youth programs:
- The Bike Mas Project – Adventure-based bike safety program (summer camp and after school program) for upper elementary students.
- Community Bike Shop – Sharing tools and knowledge with our members of all ages during Open Shop hours.
- El Barrio Bike Fix – A monthly neighborhood bike fix event on La Plaza (grassy area next to the Clubhouse)
- El Liderato – A youth leadership council that empowers young people to stand up, speak up, get involved and do good in their community.
- La Solución – A learn-to-wrench after school and summer program for middle and high school students.
- Estrellas – A summertime learn to ride series for 2 – 6 year olds using balance bikes.
- Bike Happy, TC – Pop up bike fix gigs around Traverse City providing free bike repairs, waves, high fives and sometimes coffee.
- Norte! Bike Library – Ensuring that awesome kids have awesome bikes to pedal to school, to the park, to the library or to wherever no matter their family’s resources.
This new home has us more motivated than ever to expand Norte!’s work of inspiring young people through bicycles and building a stronger, better connected and more bicycle friendly Traverse City.
THANK YOU! Clubhouse Partners