Awesome news! We found a home. After 3 years of working at the dining room table, fixing bikes in the garage and meeting up with bike trains at our co-founders‘ place on Washington Street, we are super excited that Norte! has finally found a home of its own. The new Norte! Clubhouse is now for reals at the Civic Center near the new playground. This new home has us more motivated than ever to expand Norte!’s work of inspiring the young and young at heart through bicycles and building a stronger, better connected and more bicycle friendly Traverse City.
Among other things, The Clubhouse is Traverse City’s Community Bike Shop.
Open WINTER Shop hours:
November 3 until May 1: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 3-5P
Clubhouse membership is just $10/year for an individual and $25/year for a family. Membership fees help to keep the Clubhouse’s lights on as well as support our many youth programs.
Clubhouse members enjoy:
- Use of our tools and workbenches during Open Shop hours
- Access to learn from our mechanic during Open Shop hours
- Free high fives during Open Shop hours
- Discounted registration fees to our classes, workshops and programs
- Super FUN! member only events
- First dibs on our Bike Library bicycles
The Clubhouse will also act as a homebase for Norte!’s:
- The Bike Mas Project: Adventure-based bike safety program (summer camp and after school program) for upper elementary students.
- El Barrio Bike Fix: summertime community bike fixes
- Estrellas: learn to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes
- Youth mountain bike team: building confidence, independence and having FUN! in the woods
- Safe Routes To School events
- El Liderato: Traverse City’s youth leadership council
- Norte! Bike Library: Ensuring that awesome kids have awesome bikes to pedal to school, to the park, to the library or to wherever no matter their family’s resources.
THANK YOU! Clubhouse Partners