Cranksgiving in Northern Michigan
Thank you all for a wonderful 2020 Cranksgiving! Save the date for our 4th annual Cranksgiving on Sunday, November 21, 2021. We will once again work with the great Food Rescue of Northwest Michigan and area pantries to deliver a rewarding and fun opportunity to all you turkeys 🙂
Cranksgiving is part bicycle ride, part food drive that happens across the nation during November to benefit local charities and families as they prepare for Thanksgiving. It’s that simple. Ride bikes. Give back. Do good.
HOW IT WORKS
- Team Up – Decide if you are riding as a team (2-5 awesome people suggested) or on your own in either the open (5-6 miles) or family (2-3 miles) division.
- Register – There is no entry fee, but plan on spending $25/team on food items.
- Check the List – Norte will provide your team with a list of food items to collect.
- Be Kind – We also challenge your team to commit at least one act of random kindness during your collection run. Let’s make people smile and make someone’s day. Here’s a list of inspirations.
There are no winners, but teams are more than welcome to create their challenges and mini-games. Bonus points for posting pics to social media of Cranksgiving teams washing up.
Have fun. Be kind. Ring your bell. This effort doesn’t require spandex.
- Teams must stay together.
- Teams must follow the rules of the road.
Routes to stores will be a choose-your-own-adventure thing, but please be safe. For any questions, or to nominate other local food pantries, email email@example.com.