Cranksgiving Traverse City
We will be back for Cranksgiving TC 2019!
Cranksgiving is part bicycle ride, part food drive that happens across the nation during the month of November to benefit local charities and families as they prepare for Thanksgiving.
Ride bikes. Give back. Do good. Cranksgiving TC is going to rock!
HOW IT WORKS
- Decide if you are riding as a team (2-5 awesome people suggested) or on your own in either the open (5-6 miles) or family (2-3 miles) division.
- Register HERE. There is no entry fee (expect to spend $25/team on food items)
- You will be provided a list of food items and tasked with purchasing these items from several grocery stores in town.
- You will also be challenged to commit at least one act of random kindness. Think: giving a stranger a compliment or helping someone with their groceries or picking up trash.
- There is no “winner” in Cranksgiving TC because everyone “wins”, of course.
- 2019 TBA
- Meet at the Norte Wheelhouse at noon to check in, pick up your list and receive instructions. Rolling at 12:30.
WHAT TO BRING
- A functioning bicycle. Expect to ride 5-6 miles in the open division and 2-3 miles in the family division.
- $25. Or your credit card. $25 is per team or family so not every member of the team/family will be expected to spend $25.
- Something to carry your food items in. Maybe a backpack, panniers or bicycle basket to get your things back to the Wheelhouse.
- A bike lock so that your bike stays nice and safe while you are in the stores.
- Best costume awards for best individual costume and best team costumes.
CHARITY & FOOD PANTRY PARTNERS
- Step Up Northern Michigan
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Women’s Resource Center
- NMC Food Pantry
- The Salvation Army
- Love INC of Grand Traverse
- TBAISD New Campus Spirit Pantry
- Grace Food Pantry
- Immaculate Conception Food Pantry
- Father Fred Foundation
- St. Patrick Church Food Pantry
- Christ Church
Downloadable PDF Poster HERE .
GROCERY STORE PARTNERS
- Tom’s East Bay
- Tom’s West Bay
- Tom’s on 14th
- Family Fare
- Oleson’s on Long Lake
Routes to stores will be a choose your own adventure thing but please be safe.
A few rules:
- Have fun.
- Be happy. Be kind. Ring your bell. Wave lots.
- Teams must stay together.
- Teams must follow the rules of the road.
- Leave the spandex and teams kits at home, please.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org