Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team
No offense to football, soccer or hockey but there’s magic to be found atop bicycles. Much more than sport or recreation, bikes are for life.
Bikes are freedom. Bikes are transportation. Bikes are adventure. Bikes are happiness.
Norte’s Youth Mountain Bike Team is made up of 100+ stellar elementary, middle and high school students in the Grand Traverse region. The team’s goal is to unleash independence and confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be fit, fast, strong and gritty.
Team programs include:
- After school program — Coach led practices for the Farm, JV and Varsity teams in the spring and fall.
- Vasa Domingos – Weekly family shred from Timber Ridge. Mother’s Day to Iceman. Sundays.
- Mini-Speed of Light: Weekly summertime “fake race” every Thursday night on the Vasa with Kolo TC.
- Glacial Sabados – Weekly family shred at Glacial Hills. Mother’s Day to Iceman. Saturdays.
- The More Girls On Bikes Project – Because girls on bikes are healthy, independent, confident girls. Girls on bikes are strong girls. And strong girls will change the world.
Check out the calendar for all rides HERE.
All awesome kids are welcome no matter their skill or experience. There’s no cost or commitments to get involved. Just fill out this form and we’ll be in touch.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Grand Travese Region Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids: