Norte Youth Mountain Bike Coach
The Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team is made up of stellar elementary, middle and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
Youth mountain bike coaches should:
- believe in the Norte vision
- love to ride bikes
- love working with kids
- love helping kids succeed
- be able to attend two (2) two-hour training sessions
- know their way around Traverse City and its trails well
- be knowledgeable about mountain bike skills
- have decent trailside repair skills
- be available for all practices
- be knowledgeable with CPR
- be awesome people
- like the color orange
- be able to write clear, concise, timely, error-free emails to their team on a weekly basis
Teams will be broken up into small teams based on ability which will be determined on the pre-program skill assessment day.
Ideally, each small team will have 6 kids which will be led by 1 coach.
Spring and fall programs offered with practices 2-3x/week for 5 weeks:
- Spring program starts the first week of May
- Fall program starts the 2nd week of September
- Civic Center (meets at the Wheelhouse)
- Timber Ridge
- Lake Dubonnet (meets at Westwoods Elementary)
- The Commons (meets at Greenspire School)
Increase confidence, independence, mountain bike skills, fitness, and knowledge about local trails, trailside bike repairs, and safe routes to trails and parks.
Spring and fall programs consist of practice 2x/week for 5 weeks. Practices are 90 minutes long.
Practices: Tuesdays/Thursdays from 4:30 – 6:00 PM. (Westwoods has a 3:45 start time option too)
Spring and fall programs consist of practice 3x/week for 5 weeks. Practices are 2 hours long.
Practices: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 4:15 – 6:15 PM (Commons has a 3:30 start time option too)
1st-5th grade coaches are paid $300/five-week season
6th-12th grade coaches are paid $600/five-week season
Please email resume stating your suitability for this position to Executive Director Ty Schmidt at email@example.com.
El Grupo Norte Youth Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.