The Elk Rapids Bike Más Project
The Bike Más Project teaches confidence, independence, and bike safety skills to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders through empowerment, education, and adventure. Mucho adventure!
Bike Más Project kids will:
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja.
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have fun!
Spring 2020 Schedule
Each session meets immediately after school and is 90 minutes long. The program begins/ends at school. We meet once a week for 4 weeks and sessions start the week of May 11, 2020.
Cherryland meets on Mondays (6-8th graders)
Lakeland meets on Thursdays (4th-5th graders)
- Bring a water bottle, helmet, bike and snack to all sessions.
- Sessions are limited to five (5) participants. If 5 participants do not register, the session will be canceled and a refund provided.
- Participants will meet the instructor in the school library immediately after dismissal.
- If the host school is closed, there will be no program but will make it up. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather but we will try our best!
- Bikes are available for participants to borrow from Norte’s Bike Library if needed.
Every Bike Más Project participant will also receive:
- a sweet Norte shirt
- a free family membership to our Clubhouse in Traverse City at the Civic Center
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade) or 8-10 miles (6th-7th grade)
- Details can be found here
Huge thanks to our sponsors for supporting happy, healthy, strong kids: