Elk Rapids After-School Mountain Bike Program
Shred with Team Orange! In partnership with Elk Rapids Public Schools and the Elk Rapids Parks and Recreation Commission, we’re thrilled to offer the very after-school mountain bike program for Lakeland’s 1st-5th graders at Maplehurst this spring.
This program is part of the Grand Traverse Regional Mountain Bike Team which is made up of stellar elementary, middle, and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through 100% fun, while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
- Spring 2020 season starts May 4 and runs for 5 weeks
- 2nd-5th graders practice twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6 pm. (Kids will take a bus from Lakeland to Maplehurst and their bikes will be transported to the trailhead).
All abilities — beginners to elite and everyone in between — are welcome. We will split into small teams of mixed ages based on experience and ability to make sure everyone has a good time. Practices are led by trained coaches.
SPRING PROGRAM PERKS
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed!
- 2nd-5th grade participants will receive a complimentary Tech T-shirt
- Free entry into Habitat For Humanity’s Racing For Home on June 20, 2020
- 20% off any Cannondale at Brick Wheels
- Discounted entry into area mountain bike races including Mud Sweat & Beers, Arcadia Grit and Gravel, Bearclaw Epic, Peak 2 Peak, Iceman, Farmland
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a code for 20% off for the fall mountain bike program.
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 4-5 miles
- 10% off for siblings
- 20% off for children/grandchildren of coaches
- 20% off for children/grandchildren of volunteers who commit to volunteering at least 20 hours with Norte in 2020 including 6 hours with the spring mountain bike program
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs (One scholarship per child per season). Contact email@example.com (or 231-883-2404) to request a scholarship prior to registering.
- If canceling for any reason up to one month prior to the start of the program, your full registration fee will be refunded.
- 80% of registration fees are refundable if notice is given prior to 7 days of the program start date.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable if notice is given within 7 days of the program start date.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO HELP?