Bicycle Grand Traverse: Essential Transportation For People in the Grand Traverse Region
Bicycle Grand Traverse is a community campaign to connect people with quality used bikes to people in need of reliable, economical, and independent transportation while leveraging local neighbors with the time, skill and space at home to do basic tune-ups as needed.
HOW IT WORKS
- Have a quality, functioning adult bike to donate? DONATE A BIKE.
- Need a bike to get you to the places you need to go to? REQUEST A BIKE. Our selection varies, but we’ll try our best.
- Have the skill, space, and tools to work on the occasional bike donation to make sure it’s safe? HELP TUNE-UP BIKES and volunteer to work on bikes in your home shop.
At this time, you must live in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau counties to donate, request, or volunteer.
Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Active, Responsibly.
When you do have to leave home, please follow these preventive measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold recommended by public health officials.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace handshakes and high-fives with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.
Visit the Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for the latest statewide updates.