Bicycle Grand Traverse Volunteer Bike Mechanic
Thank you for wanted to help as a volunteer bike mechanic with the Bicycle Grand Traverse Campaign.
How it works:
- A Bike Arrives: Bike donations happen all the time, and we will let volunteers know when we need help. In Traverse City, the Wheelhouse is available for bikes donated at the Civic Center. If you are available and accept, we’ll set up a time for you via our online scheduler.
- Outside of Traverse City: If a bike donation comes into one of our bike libraries outside of Traverse City, we’ll reach out to the closest volunteers. If you’re available and accept, we’ll instruct the donor to drop off the bike at your house.
- Bike Exchange: For those in need of a bicycle, they’ll either pick up at the Clubhouse by appointment (facilitated by Norte staff) or off your front porch, no contact.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Get Out and Stay Active Responsibly
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) strongly recommends continued effort to stop the spread. The following steps need to be taken together for the best protection.
- Health Check – Self-monitor and stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Socialize Outside – You have up to 20 times higher risk of getting sick inside. If you do get together inside, include no more than two households and limit time inside together.
- Wear a mask – Take it off when you eat or drink, then put it back on, even outside.
- Physically Distanced – Keep six feet apart as much as you can.
- Keep it Down – When possible, keep voices down. Higher volumes can increase COVID transmission by 30 times.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands regularly. 20 seconds with soap and water.