Bicycle Grand Traverse Volunteer Bike Mechanic
Thank you for wanted to help as a volunteer bike mechanic with the Bicycle Grand Traverse Campaign.
How it works:
- If a bike donation comes in from Traverse City, they’ll be instructed to drop off at Clubhouse. If you live in Traverse City, we’ll notify you. You can accept or decline to come into the Clubhouse to work on the bike. If you accept, we’ll set up a time for you via our online scheduler.
- If a bike donation comes in from outside Traverse City near you, we’ll notify you. You can accept or decline. If you accept, we’ll instruct the donor to drop off the bike at your house.
- For those in need of a bike, they’ll either pick up at the Clubhouse by appointment (facilitated by Norte staff) or off your front porch, no contact.
Sign up to volunteer:
Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Active, Responsibly.
When you do have to leave home, please follow these preventive measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold recommended by public health officials.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace handshakes and high-fives with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.
Visit the Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for the latest statewide updates.