Norte’s Balance Bike Share
Norte is for happy, healthy, ready to learn kids in Northern Michigan no matter their age. We are also huge fans of balance bikes and believe that there is no better way to teach children how to ride.
Estrellas, our learn-to-ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes, started in 2016 and, thanks to Superior Physical Therapy, Priority Health, Fifth Third Bank and McLain Cycle and Fitness, is growing.
The Estrellas is both an in-school 4-week program for preschoolers during the fall/winter/spring at 23 area schools and a twice-weekly summertime meet-up community event at the Clubhouse.
During the summer we also share the balance bikes for a small rental fee of $25. Bikes must be returned no later than September 7th.
We have regular balance bikes good for most 2-4 year olds and bigger 16″ balance bikes for taller 4-7 year olds.
HOW THE BALANCE BIKE SHARE WORKS:
- Come by the Clubhouse 12-6 weekdays (small building near the playground at the Civic Center) to pick up the balance bike.
- Pay the small rental fee of $25 via the form below.
- Ride. Lots! Like all summer long.
- Return the bike no later than September 7th.
BALANCE BIKE SHARE PAYMENT
Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Active, Responsibly.
When you do have to leave home, please follow these preventive measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold recommended by public health officials.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace handshakes and high-fives with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.
Visit the Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for the latest statewide updates.