Previously Loved Bicycle Neighborhood
SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2022
This neighborhood yard sale is a great way to support Norte’s vision of stronger, better connected, and more bike-friendly communities in northern Michigan while clearing out some of your bikes and bike stuff that is no longer being used. It’s also a chance to find a good deal on a new-to-you pair of wheels, or bike rack, or bike trailer, or front shifter, or bike saddle, or…what do you have?
- WHEN—Sunday, May 1 from 11 am–3 pm
- WHAT—This sale is Norte-hosted, but the neighborhood is invited. It’s an opportunity to get old bikes recycled and rolling out there. Also for sale: wheels, tires, tubes, small parts, clothing, shoes — sorry, no helmets.
- Sellers can reserve a table from which to sell their items, handle the money from their sales, or turn their items over to Norte to sell on consignment.
- Buyers assume any risk of purchasing used equipment. All bikes and equipment are sold as-is.
- Everyone enjoys an afternoon in May talking about bikes, bike projects, and the summertime fun ahead.
- WHAT’S NOT FOR SALE—Used HELMETS, your old TV set, and other non-bike-related household items.
- WHERE—At the Norte Wheelhouse in the north end of the Grand Traverse County Civic Center.
- COST—The yard sale is open to the public and perfect for someone in the market for a previously loved bicycle or bicycle-related item. If you’d like to sell your items, there is a $10 table fee to sell your bike or accessories. Proceeds will support the Norte Kids Bike Library.
Norte handles advertising and organizing. We attract people from all over the region looking for a new, used bike.
If you’d prefer to have Norte sell your stuff, you have two options:
- Donate it. We’ll either put your bike into our library or sell it to support our youth scholarships.
- Have us sell it for you. We can handle the sale minus a 30% commission. We will send your profit after it sells, whether at the yard sale or through the Norte store. Note: To be sold at the yard sale, your items must be dropped off by Friday, April 29, by 4 pm.
For more details on Norte’s Consignment system and to have an item listed, visit: Consignment Bike Sales.
Sellers, you can claim a table the morning of the yard sale before 11 am or stop by the Norte Clubhouse, M–F, 2–6 pm. Please email Bikes@elgruponorte.org with questions.
Previously Loved Bicycle Neighborhood Yard Sale Title Sponsor