Norte Clubhouse and Community Bike Shop
Located at the Grand Traverse County Civic Center’s southern entrance, The Clubhouse is our original home and welcome center. It also hosts the region’s only Community Bike Shop.
At The Clubhouse, we connect, learn, meet-up, fix, tweak, align, repair, maintain, celebrate, create – you name it. You can also pick up your online orders here or drop in to browse our store.
At the Community Bike Shop, we share tools, work-bench space, bikes, and knowledge. Thanks to our generous supporters, The Clubhouse’s Community Bike Shop is free to all.
In both roles, The Clubhouse supports building a happy, healthy, strong community by design.
- Spring, Summer and Fall Hours (April through October): Monday-Friday from 10-6, Saturday 10-2
- Winter Hours (November through March): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2-6, Saturday 10-2
Pandemic Precautions: In addition to limiting capacity, we regularly clean and disinfect, including tools. And, of course, we also require masks and physical distancing by staff and visitors. Please don’t visit if you’re feeling sick – we’ll be here when you’re feeling better. For using the Community Bike Shop, we require a completed online health screen before visitors start wrenching. Let’s work together to stop the spread!
LEARN TO WRENCH
If you’re not quite ready to jump in and start wrenching your own bike by yourself, please consider taking one of Norte’s bike mechanics classes. We’re also able to customize training for you and a group of friends, family, or co-workers. A fix your bike 101 makes for a great lunch-and-learn!
We’re also happy to help assess a problem you’re having with your bike. Schedule a time with one of our professional mechanics to take a look and give you a quote.
VOLUNTEER AT THE CLUBHOUSE
The Clubhouse Community Bike Shop is made possible by generous donations and the best volunteers in the world. Volunteers offer necessary repair and maintenance skills, and they enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. If you’re interested in volunteering, fill out a volunteer form. Our Clubhouse Community Bike Shop volunteers make the best mentors.
SUPPORT THE CLUBHOUSE
The Clubhouse is made possible by generous individual donors and foundations including the Oleson Foundation, the Art and Mary Schmuckal Family Foundation, and the Worthington Family Foundation. If you value a Community Bike Shop and are able, please contribute with a financial contribution. Donations help pay for rent, insurance, staffing, and standard bike shop supplies like tubes, lube, grease, cables, and tires.
If you prefer to donate needed items, take a moment to look over our Clubhouse Community Bike Shop Wishlist.
WHAT ELSE MIGHT HAPPEN AT THE CLUBHOUSE?
The Clubhouse serves as a convenient meeting point for our Essential Bicycles programs. At the Clubhouse, you might:
- Check Out a Bike – Bikes are always rotating through The Grand Traverse Kids’ Bike Library. We recommend checking our online database for availability before stopping by.
- Buy a Bike – Our Used Bike Marketplace has bikes for all ages and bike-related accessories for sale. We sell bikes we can’t use for programs and bikes by consignment. Have a used bike to sell? We will sell it for you!
- Borrow a Balance Bike – During the summer, we also share balance bikes for a small rental fee of $25. Bikes must be returned no later than September 7th.
- Donate a Bike – Recycling bikes into the community keeps people moving. We accept bike donations of bikes in good condition. We use them for our programming or to sell in the Used Bike Marketplace. Either way, your donated bicycle goes to good use.
If you have an appointment for one of the above programs, please note that we may have you meet us at our other building, The Wheelhouse. The Wheelhouse is the orange building on the north end of the Civic Center. It’s where we store most of our bikes.