Norte Farm Team
Our Farm Team is made up of elementary school students in the Traverse City area. Much like the JV and varsity teams, the Farm Team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty. The Farm Team is definitely more about developing skills and having fun than competition.
The Farm Team is for 1st – 5th grade students. We will break into several teams based on age and ability.
All abilities are welcome, however, it is encouraged for kids to be able to comfortably ride at least 3-4 miles (for 1st – 3rd graders) and 5-6 miles (for 4th and 5th graders).
Those with limited bike experience should practice, practice, practice – the best way to become a better bike rider is to ride your bike more! – ahead of the program start.
- 2x/week for 5 weeks
- Spring program starts 1st week of May
- Fall program starts the 2nd week of September
- Tuesday and Thursdays from 4:30 – 6:00 pm
All practices start/finish at the new Wheelhouse.
Practices are led by a qualified coach and consist of mountain bike skills practice, urban riding education, riding at the Commons, Hickory, Civic Center, SNACKS! and games at various City parks.
Spring 2019 season starts May 7th.
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed
- Free admission to the Habitat for Humanity Racing for Home at gorgeous 45 North Vineyard on June 9th!
- First-time participants will receive a complimentary Tech Tshirt
- Already have a jersey or Tech T from a previous season? No problem! We have a $10 off code for you for our online merch store!
- Healthy snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st-3rd grade), 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade).
Registration can also be done in person at the Norte Clubhouse Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Cubhouse number is 231-883-2404
A big, big THANK YOU to these great northern Michigan sponsors for supporting happy, healthy, strong kids and making the Farm Team a reality: