Virtual Farm Team
SHRED WITH TEAM ORANGE! VIRTUALLY.
With COVID-19 canceling our in-person spring programs, we’re excited to offer a virtual mountain bike program for families in the Grand Traverse region.
Our Farm Team is made up of elementary school students whose goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty. The Farm Team is more about developing skills and having fun than competition.
Join lots of other 1st – 5th graders from across the 5 county area here in Northwestern Michigan to ride bikes and learn new skills together, but separately.
All abilities and experience levels are welcome.
- The program starts the week of May 4th and is 5 weeks long.
- Practices will happen in the rider’s neighborhood with their parent whenever is convenient for their family.
- Weekly sessions feature four types of assignments. The expectation is that you’ll complete and “turn in” by Sunday night each week. Assignments include:
- Bonus point
- Like the in-person Farm Team, expect about 1.5-3 hours of riding and learning/week.
- You can complete the sessions whenever is convenient for your family.
- Weekly, 20 minute, face to face meets with all program participants will happen via the Google Classroom platform. These will be facilitated by a Norte staff member to chat about what we’ve learned, how things are going, and what’s coming next. Plus we just want to see all your smiley faces.
- 1st-3rd graders at 4:30pm on Tuesdays
- 4th-5th graders at 4:30pm on Wednesdays
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed from the Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library.
- Free admission to the Habitat for Humanity Racing for Home at gorgeous 45 North Vineyard on June 20th! It’s not canceled yet!
- A positive attitude and willingness to get outside, ride bikes, and learn new skills.
- Thanks to our many generous donors, we’re able to offer this program FREE! of charge to families
Registration now open: