Summer Norte Intern
Passionate about bicycles? Like working with kids? Want to build stronger, better connected and more walk/bike-friendly communities?
Norte, a 501c.3 advocacy nonprofit based in beautiful Traverse City, empowers the young – and young at heart – to be active for life.
Our initiatives are many:
- Educational youth programs
- Safe Routes to School
- Pro bike/Pro walk advocacy
- Youth mountain bike team
- Youth leadership council
Paid Summer Internship
Posting date: 1/17/20
Part-time 20-25 hours/week
Start date: Late April/Early May
The Norte Summer Intern supports a range of programming and communication activities to help further Norte’s mission. S/he will help support and gain experience with the daily operations of Norte at the Clubhouse and Wheelhouse including programs, communications, and assisting with community outreach events.
This position requires a genuine enthusiasm for Norte’s mission and the ability to project that enthusiasm to others. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively interact with and build trust and confidence among our members and supporters.
- Assist with Norte’s programs including Summer Bike Camp, Estrellas, El Barrio Bike Fix, Amigos
- Assist with Norte’s outreach events including TC Bike Month, Bike Valet, Vasa Domingos
- Assist with Norte’s community services including the Grand Traverse Bike Library and Community Bike Shop at the Civic Center
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
College graduate or currently enrolled in a college program majoring in education, nonprofit management, social work, communications or related field.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Excellent prioritization abilities
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibit professionalism, with superior social and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Google G Suite
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
The Summer Intern is a part-time FLSA non-exempt position with a wage of $15/hour.
Please email resume stating your suitability for this position to Executive Director Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials must be received no later than midnight on February 28th, 2020.
El Grupo Norte Youth Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.