Summer Norte Internships
Norte is seeking 2021 Summer Interns to join Team Orange. We have both paid and unpaid, full and part-time internships available. Details and application forms below.
All applications must be submitted by 5 pm, Match 31, 2021.
Our Summer Interns provide support for a wide range of educational programs, outreach activities, community services, and events that further Norte’s mission of building happy, healthy, strong communities. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical to helping Team Orange transform the culture of health in the Grand Traverse region.
Norte’s Summer Interns will report to the Business Manager. They will also work closely with all of our teams: communications, programs, outreach, and development. This position will develop and strengthen external relationships with community members, such as partners, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Assist with Norte’s programs, including Summer Bike Camp, ShredVenture, and Summer Shred.
- Assist with Norte’s outreach events, including Estrellas, NoMI Bike Month, Slow Rolls, Bike Valet, Bikes For All, Domingos.
- Assist with Norte’s community services, including the Grand Traverse Kids’ Bike Library, Essential Grand Traverse, and Community Bike Shop at the Civic Center.
- Assist with events, including 24 Hours at the Civic Center and Patrick’s Heavy Ride.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
College graduate or currently enrolled in a college program majoring in education, nonprofit management, social work, computer science, communications, or related field.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Excellent prioritization abilities
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibit professionalism, with superior social and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Google G Suite
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Success at Norte means:
- Responsibilities and tasks are completed on time and thoroughly.
- Written communication is clear, concise, professional, and free from error.
- Systems and procedures are adhered to, and ways to improve them pursued when appropriate.
- Recognition that our work is a team effort. We work to develop a sense of belonging, acceptance, and support.
- Daily computer work
- Occasional light lifting
- Occasional bicycle riding
The paid Summer Intern is a full or part-time FLSA non-exempt position with a $16/hour wage.
Our unpaid interns are typically current students fulfilling college requirements.
A TYPICAL DAY AT NORTE
A typical day will consist of working along with many other awesome people, primarily at our Grand Traverse County Civic Center headquarters.
- Complete this application form.
- Submit your resume to Ty Schmidt at email@example.com with “Summer Intern” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 5 pm EDT on February 28, 2021.
The ideal candidate would start employment early to mid-May 2021.
Norte is an equal opportunity and an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. Norte reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Traverse City and is considered to be non-exempt.