The Grand Traverse Junior Varsity Mountain Bike Team
Our JV Team is made up of middle school students from the Grand Traverse region. Much like the Farm and Varsity Teams, JV’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
Spring and fall program beginning dates:
- Spring program starts the first week of May
- Fall program starts the 2nd week of September
- 3x/week for 5 weeks
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4:15 – 6:15pm
All practices start/finish at the Wheelhouse.
Practices are led by a qualified coach and consist of mountain bike skills practice, urban riding education, riding at the Commons, Hickory, Civic Center, SNACKS! and games at various City parks.
- No bike? No problem. We have 4 sweet mountain bikes ready to borrow
- Free Norte jersey for JV first-timers
- Already have a jersey from a previous season? No problem! When you register we will provide you with a Norte Store discount code for fresh merch!
- Snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse.
The JV Team is for 6th-8th grade students. Exceptions for younger riders will be made on a case by case basis. All abilities are welcome, however JV team members are expected to be able to comfortably ride at least 8 miles.
- Details HERE.
Registration: Team size is limited, so sign up today!
- Registration and payment can also be done in person at the Norte Clubhouse Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5:00 pm. It’s a great idea to call first – 231-883-2404 – because sometimes we are out and about doing things
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids: