The Kalkaska Strong Project
Thanks to the Northern Michigan Community Health Innovation Region, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation and Cherry Capital Cycling Club, we launched Kalkaska Strong in the fall of 2019. The goal is to partner with local champions to weave a culture of health into the fabric of Kalkaska. Like you, we are committed to a healthier, happier, stronger Kalkaska.
- Kalkaska Bike Library: in the Kalkaska Public Works building
- Little Orange Shed coming soon – thanks to a donation from the County!
- Spring and Fall Youth Mountain Bike Team for 1st-12th graders
- Ongoing Safe Routes to School work
- Partnership with SEEDS to offer a summer bike camp experience at Cherry Intermediate.
Want to get involved?
If you are passionate about happy, healthy, ready-to-learn kids and a stronger, better connected, more walk/bike-friendly Kalkaska, then we need you. You can start by providing your experience and perspective in our Community Walk, Bike Survey.