Grand Traverse Region Kids’ Bike Library
Kids grow up fast. They outgrow their bikes fast too.
As part of our Grand Traverse region-wide program, we are excited to share the Norte Kids’ Bike Library.
The library aims to keep awesome, lower elementary aged students (and young visitors) pedaling by making sure their bike always fits, no matter their family’s resources.
Thanks to many awesome people including our friends at McLain Cycle, we currently have several gently used kids bikes – 12″, 16″, 20″ and 24″ – in the library.
Young people are able to borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return it to the Wheelhouse in exchange for the next size up. For FREE!
We also have some balance bikes to share during the summer for a small donation.
- take good care of the bike
- ride the bike as much as possible
- be a positive Norte ambassador
Here’s how it works:
- Complete this one time/one per family LIBRARY APPLICATION FORM
- Swing by the very orange Wheelhouse the next time you’re near the Civic Center to see what’s on the shelves – full disclosure; this program is very popular and there are no guarantees that we’ll have a bicycle for you
While this is a 100% free service, we do accept donations – tax-exempt, of course! – to help fund upkeep and maintenance of the bikes.
Email us at email@example.com with questions.