Traverse City Kids’ Bike Library
Kids grow up fast. They out grow their bikes fast too.
As part of our Traverse City-wide Safe Routes To School funded program, we are excited to share the Norte Kids’ Bike Library.
The Library aims to keep awesome, lower elementary aged students (and young visitors) pedaling by making sure their bike always fits, no matter their family’s resources.
Thanks to our friends at McLain Cycle, we currently have over 90 gently used kids bikes – 12″, 16″, 20″ and 24″ – in the Library.
Young people are able to borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return it to the Wheelhouse in exchange for the next size up. For FREE!
We also have our balance bikes up for long term rental during the summer for a small donation.
- take good care of the bike
- ride the bike as much as possible
- be a positive Norte ambassador
Here’s How It Works:
- Complete this one time/one per family LIBRARY APPLICATION FORM
- We’ll email you the bikes available for check out
- See one you like? Stop by the Norte Wheelhouse on the north side of the Civic Center park to give it a test ride/pick-up
- Once the bike is too small return it for the next size up
Easy-peasy. Awesome, right?!
While this is a 100% free service, we do accept donations – tax exempt, of course! – to help fund upkeep and maintenance of the bikes.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.