Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library
The Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library aims to keep awesome, elementary-aged students pedaling by making sure their bike always fits, no matter their family’s resources. Norte has branches of the library in Traverse City and Elk Rapids.
Thanks to our many supporters, young people are able to borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return it to Norte in exchange for the next size up. For FREE!
Recommended Bike Sizes:
- 12 inch (ideal for 3-4 year olds)
- 16 inch (ideal for 4-5 year olds)
- 20 inch (ideal for 5-6 year olds)
- 24 inch (ideal for 6-10 year olds)
- take good care of the bike
- ride the bike as much as possible
- be a positive Norte ambassador
Here’s how it works:
- See bikes available in TRAVERSE CITY or ELK RAPIDS
- Note: Traverse City currently has 20″ and 24″ bikes to use for the winter, between program seasons. These won’t be listed on the spreadsheet, but please set up an appointment if you’re interested in looking at our selection.
- See a bike you like? Schedule an appointment in TRAVERSE CITY or ELK RAPIDS to pick up. No contact!
- New to our library? Please complete this one time/one per family LIBRARY APPLICATION FORM.
- If you’re affiliated with a school, please fill out THIS request form, and we’ll be in touch!
Help keep the Grand Traverse Regional Kids Bike Library free. 100% of donations go to support operations including helping day for rent, insurance, and supplies to maintain the bikes.
Stay Home. Stay Safe. Stay Active, Responsibly.
When you do have to leave home, please follow these preventive measures for viruses like COVID-19, influenza, and the common cold recommended by public health officials.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least six feet away from others when in a public setting.
- Replace handshakes and high-fives with a friendly wave from 6 feet away.
Visit the Michigan.gov/Coronavirus for the latest statewide updates.
Thank you, Bike Library sponsors!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.