Elk Rapids Kids’ Bike Library
The Elk Rapids Kids’ Bike Library aims to keep awesome, elementary-aged students pedaling by making sure their bike always fits, no matter their family’s resources.
Thanks to our many supporters, young people are able to borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return it to Norte in exchange for the next size up. For FREE!
Sizes (check HERE for bikes currently available):
- 12 inch (ideal for 3-4 year olds)
- 16 inch (ideal for 4-5 year olds)
- 20 inch (ideal for 5-6 year olds)
- 24 inch (ideal for 6-10 year olds)
- take good care of the bike
- ride the bike as much as possible
- be a positive Norte ambassador
Here’s how it works:
- SEE WHAT BIKES ARE AVAILABLE HERE
- See a bike you like? SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT HERE to pick up.
- Affiliated with a school? Fill out THIS form and we’ll be in touch.
- If you’re new to our library, complete this one time/one per family LIBRARY APPLICATION FORM
Help keep the Elk Rapids Kids Bike Library free. 100% of donations go to support operations including helping day for rent, insurance, and supplies to maintain the bikes.
Because of strong grassroots support, Norte’s Elk Rapids previous bike library home grew and grew until it burst at the seams. Lucky for us, Elk Rapids was ready and came together to provide a dedicated space at Rotary Park. We cut the ribbon on our new location on September 17 and we are thrilled to keep the Elk Rapids spirit rolling.
Thank you, Elk Rapids!
Although our shed is built, we could still use your generosity to create a safe, dynamic, and welcoming community space. Items we are looking for include:
Bike tools and Bike stands
Tables, chairs, and workbenches
Tools, supplies, and parts for the shop
Additional bikes and helmets for the bike library
Perhaps a super sweet mural is in your ability
As always, we accept donations to the scholarship fund to ensure access for all to our Elk Rapids-based youth programs
This new library will allow Norte to do better – to reach our bike-loving arms wider to help weave a culture of health into Elk Rapids so it can be its best – its healthiest.
Please support the Elk Rapids Kids’ Bike Library today and join the list of awesome people who believe in happy, healthy, ready to learn kids.
Thank you, Elk Rapids Bike Library sponsors!