Traverse City Kids’ Bike Library
Traverse City Kids’ Bike Library helps keep awesome, elementary-aged students pedaling by making sure their bike always fits, no matter their family’s resources. The library is a part of a growing network of Norte’s Grand Traverse Regional Kids’ Bike Library.
Young people can borrow a bike for as long as it fits them. Once they outgrow the bike, they return it to Norte in exchange for the next size up. Our program is for FREE, thanks to continued support and donations from the community and local bike shops like McLain Cycle & Fitness.
HOW IT WORKS — TRAVERSE CITY
- We’ll be there all the time when we’re open — no appointment required. Check out our Wheelhouse hours at the Civic Center and stop by, or call us at 231-883-2471 to see if we have your bike in.
Affiliated with an organization and looking to be a partner library? Or, looking to borrow a variety of different bicycles for your program? Let us know through the Community Partner Request Form.
- 12 inch (ideal for 3-4-year-olds)
- 16 inch (4-5-year-olds)
- 20 inch (5-6-year-olds)
- 24 inch (6-10-year-olds)
In return for offering the Grand Traverse Regional Kids Bike Library, we ask that all young riders promise to:
- Take good care of the bike
- Ride their bike as much as possible
- Stay positive and be a proud Norte ambassador