Stay Active, Stay Connected
Our outreach activities are critical to delivering on our mission is to help build stronger, better connected, and more walk and roll friendly communities by empowering the young and young-at-heart. Always check the Norte Calendar for the latest offerings and details, and sign up for our weekly newsletter to have the latest delivered right to your inbox. Here is an annual tally of our outreach activities.
- Frozen Rabbit Run — Start the New Year right with a friendly walk or jog on New Year’s morning.
- Winter Walk Wednesdays — A weekly celebration of people walking to work, school, or just for fun.
- Winter Bike To Work (and School) Day — Let’s roll winter style. (Next up: February 11, 2022)
- Fantastic Fridays — Celebrate every week with students walking, biking, and rolling to school.
- Northern Michigan Bike Month: May is for bikes in Northern Michigan.
- Bike and Roll to School Day: 2nd Wednesday in May for National Bike to School Day.
- Sunday Trail Rides: Weekly family shred. Mother’s Day to Iceman. Sundays.
- Previously Loved Bicycle Yardsale: Buy. Sell. Swap. First Sunday in May.
- Walk/Bike To School Hero Awards: Last week of school to celebrate walk/bike to school rockstars.
- Balance Bike Meet-ups: Twice weekly shreds at the Clubhouse
- Kids with Special Needs Meet-ups
- Summer Slow Rolls: Weekly community slow ride promotes an active lifestyle and creates awareness for people on bikes.
- El Barrio Bike Fix: A summertime bike fix event at the Clubhouse.
- Bike Valet: Provides professional bike parking services at the Sara Hardy Farmers Market, National Cherry Festival, and other community events.
- Northern Michigan Walks to School Day: 1st Wednesday in October for National Walk to School Day.
- Bike Night at the Bijou: Ride bikes. Watch a movie.
- Sunday Trail Rides: Get outside, take in the woods, ride bikes with friends.
- Run Sabados: Weekly family group run at the Civic Center
- The Great Northern Michigan Shovel Experiment: A crowd-sourced project to keep our neighborhood sidewalks, curb cuts, bus stops, and pedestrian bridges clear to keep Northern Michiganders moving.
- Christmas Tree by Bike: A bike-powered pick-up and delivery of Christmas trees to the city’s recycling drop site at Hull Park.