Traverse City After School Mountain Bike Program
No offense to football, soccer or track but there’s magic to be found atop bicycles. Much more than sport or recreation, bikes are for life.
Bikes are freedom. Bikes are transportation. Bikes are adventure. Bikes are happiness.
After a successful first season this fall, we’re excited to bring back our 5 week after school program in 2018.
The Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team is made up of stellar elementary, middle and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
The Farm Team is for 1st -5th grade students.
The JV Team is for 6-8th grade students.
The Varsity Team is for 9th-12th grade students.
All abilities are welcome as we will split into groups based on ability to make sure everyone has a good time.
2018 spring and fall programs offered with practices 2-3x/week for 5 weeks:
- Spring program starts the 2nd week of May
- Fall program starts 3rd week of September
All practices start/finish at the Clubhouse.
Practices are led by a qualified coach and consist of mountain bike skills practice, urban riding education, riding at the Commons, Hickory, Civic Center, SNACKS! and games at various City parks.
- No bike? No problem. We have 4 sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed
- Free 2018 Norte jersey (for varsity and JV) or tech shirt (for Farm Team)
- Healthy snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse
- $75 Farm team
- $125 JV & Varsity
More information and registration:
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids: