Northern Michigan Youth Mountain Bike Team
We use Active Network for registration. If you’re new to Norte programs, Active makes registration fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. Sign in at the top of the registration page, or enter your email address username when prompted–no need to create a new family account for going participation.
This short, how-to video helps walk you through the registration process, including how to sign up for a waitlist if a preferred session is full.
SHRED WITH TEAM ORANGE!
The Northern Michigan Youth Mountain Bike Team hits the trails of Northern Michigan with sensational elementary, middle, and high school students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be independent, strong, and gritty – yes, we get a little dirty mountain biking!
We’re continually expanding our practice locations. When you register, you’ll be able to review availability at the following trailheads:
- Civic Center Park in Traverse City (elementary, middle, and high schoolers
- Timber Ridge Resort near TC (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- The Commons in Traverse City (middle schoolers)
- Westwoods Elementary – Lost Lake/Lake Dubonnet trails (elementary and middle schoolers)
- VASA Trail off of Bartlett Road (elementary)
- Maplehurst near Elk Rapids (elementary schoolers)
- Glacial Hills near Bellaire (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Palmer Woods Preserve (elementary schoolers)
- Boyne City Schools (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Nubs Nob (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
Try out for Norte’s elite race team, Varsity
Varsity practices in Traverse City at Timber Ridge. Learn more: Norte Varsity Mountain Bike Team
- Fall 2021 season starts Monday, September 13, and runs for five weeks through Friday, October 15.
- The Farm Team (1st-5th graders) practices are generally from 4:30-6 pm. Have a look at the full listing on Active Networks for exceptions. Farm Team can choose a Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday practice schedule in most locations.
- The MTB Team (6th-12th graders) generally practice from 4:15-6:15 pm with the exception of The Commons which is 3:30–5:30 pm. The MTB Team practices Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
- No bike? No problem. We have several mountain bikes to lend out.
- Generous discounts at participating local bike shops.
- Norte jerseys and tech T’s will be sold at cost through our online store beginning in September 2021.
- Farm Team $90. For 1st-5th graders, two 90-minute practices per week.
- MTB Team $140. For 6th-12th graders, three 2-hour practices per week.
* In the event that state or local policy and guidance changes such that the Mountain Bike Team cannot proceed, families will be refunded the entire fee or a pro-rated amount if the program has begun.
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs (One scholarship per child per season). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship before registering.
- 10% off for siblings. Automatic in registration.
- 10% off for kids new to Norte’s mountain bike program. Code: FIRSTTIME21
- 20% off for children & grandchildren of coaches. Code: THANKSCOACH21
- 20% off for children & grandchildren of volunteers who commit to volunteering at least 20 hours with Norte in 2021 including 6 hours with the spring mountain bike program. Code: THANKSVOLUNTEER21
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st-5th grade) and 8-10 miles (6th-12th grade)
We know plans and circumstances change. Please read through the Norte cancellation policy below.
Cancellations Initiated by a Parent/Guardian or Participant
- Requests sent 4+ weeks prior to the program start date (by 8/22/21) will be issued a 100% refund minus a $10 service fee
- Requests sent 2+ weeks prior to the program start date (by 8/29/21) will be issued a 75% refund.
- Requests sent within 2 weeks of the program start date (by 9/13/21) will not receive a refund.
Cancelations Initiated by State or Local Authorities (ex. Covid-19)
- If a Norte program cannot begin due to State or local policies, a full refund will be issued.
- If a Norte program has already begun and continuation is prohibited by state or local policies, a prorated refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WANT TO HELP?
We’re hiring! Paid Coaches are still needed. Apply Here Today.
We also need volunteers to assist the Coaches. Get involved HERE.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Northern Michigan Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids:
Limited corporate sponsorships of the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team are also available. Please contact Wes Sovis for more details.