Northern Michigan Regional Youth Mountain Bike Program
NORTE YOUTH MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM
Spring 2021 registration opens January 6th at 7am.
If your preferred session is waitlisted, please get on the list. There’s no risk/cost and we’ll contact you if a spot opens up.
We’re using Active Network for registration again this year. If you’re new to the program, registration is fast, easy, and secure. If you previously participated in a Norte program, then you already have an account created. Sign in at the top of the registration page (link above), and enter your email address username when prompted–no need to create a new family account for the new year!
Quick, little video that might help with Active Networks registration questions.
SHRED WITH TEAM ORANGE!
The Grand Traverse Regional Mountain Bike Team hits the trails of northern Michigan with sensational elementary, middle, and high school students. Our goal is to unleash confidence, courage, and heart through loads of fun, while also empowering young people to be independent, strong, and gritty – yes, we get a little dirty mountain biking!
COVID-19 RESPONSE ON THE TRAILS
Norte is committed to the safety and well-being of our teammates, staff, and their families. We’re able to deliver the Mountain Bike program confidently because of staff and families following precautionary measures and monitoring protocols, and generally looking out to protect each other.
The following precautions are integrated into our mountain bike practices. Norte commits to reinforcing indispensable public health habits that our riders take with them to school, home, and in the community – happy, healthy, strong. Please help us by going over these rules with your child. To assist, please download this one page COVID-19 precaution sheet.
Some of the precautionary steps we’re taking include:
- Social Distancing – Riders will maintain a six-foot distance from others when gathered before, during, and after practice. When riding, they’ll maintain 12′ to 18′ distance – no tailing on the trail!
- Masks – Face coverings are not required when riding. However, they remain necessary on arrival, during breaks, and during instruction time. Norte has performance masks available in our online store.
- Monitoring – We require all coaches and teammates to complete an online health screen before practice begins every day. Riders who are ill or have come in contact with someone COVID-19 positive may not participate until cleared. We ask that families help us keep everyone safe. Failure to complete the health screen may result in dismissal from the program.
- Healthy Habits – In line with USA Cycling and Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association guidelines, we ask riders to follow strict hygiene measures. No sharing. No spitting. No gross “snot-rockets.” If a rider needs to sneeze or cough, covering up with a handkerchief or releasing it into the arm is the rule. Also, we ask that all participants wash their hands with soap and water before coming to practice and that they carry their own hand sanitizer.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to stay abreast of the latest requirements and guidelines. If you have any questions related to our pandemic response, please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. More practice location options
- Choose from practice sessions at these starting locations:
- Civic Center Park in Traverse City (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Timber Ridge Resort near TC (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- The Commons in Traverse City (middle schoolers)
- Westwoods Elementary – Lost Lake/Lake Dubonnet trails (elementary and middle schoolers)
- VASA Trail off of Bartlett Road (elementary)
- Maplehurst near Elk Rapids (elementary schoolers)
- Glacial Hills near Bellaire (elementary, middle, and high schooler)
- Palmer Woods Preserve (elementary schoolers)
- Boyne City Schools (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Crystal Mountain (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Nubs Nob (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Kalkaska (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
- Arcadia Bluffs (elementary, middle, and high schoolers)
2. More chances to grow with tryouts for Norte’s elite race team, Varsity
- Varsity practices in Traverse City at Timber Ridge.
- Learn more: Norte Varisty Mountain Bike Team
- Spring 2021 season starts May 3 and runs for five weeks through June 3, 2021.
- The Farm Team (1st-5th graders) practices are generally from 4:30-6 pm. Have a look at the full listing on Active Networks for exceptions.
- Farm Team can choose a Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday practice schedule in most locations.
- The MTB Team (6th-12th graders) generally practice from 4:15-6:15 pm with the exception of The Commons which is 3:30-5:30 pm.
- The MTB Team will continue to practice Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
SPRING PROGRAM PERKS:
- No bike? No problem. We have several mountain bikes to lend out.
- Generous discounts at participating local bike shops.
- Norte jerseys and tech T’s will be sold at cost through our online store beginning in April, 2021.
- Farm Team $90. For 1st-5th graders, two 90-minute practices per week.
- MTB Team $140. For 6th-12th graders, three 2-hour practices per week.
* In the event that state or local policy and guidance changes such that the Mountain Bike Team cannot proceed, families will be refunded the entire fee or a pro-rated amount if the program has begun.
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, Norte is proud to provide scholarships to ensure that all families can participate in our programs. We have partial and full scholarships available for every one of our programs (One scholarship per child per season). Contact email@example.com to request a scholarship before registering.
- 10% off for siblings. Automatic in registration.
- 10% off for kids new to Norte’s mountain bike program. Code: FIRSTTIME21
- 20% off for children & grandchildren of coaches. Code: THANKSCOACH21
- 20% off for children & grandchildren of volunteers who commit to volunteering at least 20 hours with Norte in 2021 including 6 hours with the spring mountain bike program. Code: THANKSVOLUNTEER21
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st-5th grade) and 8-10 miles (6th-12th grade)
We know plans and circumstances change. Please read through the Norte cancellation policy below.
Cancellations Initiated by a Parent/Guardian or Participant
- Requests sent 4+ weeks prior to the program start date will be issued a 100% refund minus a $10 service fee
- Requests sent 2+ weeks prior to the program start date will be issued a 75% refund.
- Requests sent within 2 weeks of the program start date (by 4/18/21) will not receive a refund.
Cancelations Initiated by State or Local Authorities (ex. Covid-19)
- If a Norte program cannot begin due to State or local policies, a full refund will be issued.
- If a Norte program has already begun and continuation is prohibited by State or local policies, a prorated refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WANT TO HELP?
We’re hiring! Paid Coaches are still needed. Apply Here Today.
We also need volunteers to assist the Coaches. Get involved HERE.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Grand Traverse Regional Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids:
Limited corporate sponsorships of the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team are also available. Please contact Ty Schmidt at email@example.com