Traverse City After School Mountain Bike Program
No offense to football, soccer or track but there’s magic to be found atop bicycles. Much more than sport or recreation, bikes are for life.
Bikes are freedom. Bikes are transportation. Bikes are adventure. Bikes are happiness.
The Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team is made up of stellar elementary, middle and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
The Farm Team is for 1st -5th grade students.
The JV Team is for 6th-8th grade students.
The Varsity Team is for 9th-12th grade students.
All abilities are welcome as we will split into groups based on ability to make sure everyone has a good time.
Practices are led by a qualified coach and consist of mountain bike skills practice, urban riding education, riding at the Commons, Hickory, Civic Center, SNACKS! and games at various city parks.
Fall 2018 practices start the week of September 10th:
- Farm team practices Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-6pm
- JV and Varsity practices Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:15-6:15pm.
All practices start/finish at the Clubhouse.
- No bike? No problem. We have 5 sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed
- Free 2018 Norte jersey (for first-time varsity and JV riders) or tech shirt (for first-time Farm Team riders)
- Complimentary registration for the Iceman, Slush Cup or Sno-Cone race on November 3, 2018
- Healthy snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse
- $75 Farm team
- $125 JV & Varsity
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Traverse City Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids: