Grand Traverse After School Youth Mountain Bike Program
No offense to football, soccer or track but there’s magic to be found atop bicycles. Much more than sport or recreation, bikes are for life.
Bikes are freedom. Bikes are transportation. Bikes are adventure. Bikes are happiness.
The Grand Traverse Region Mountain Bike Team is made up of stellar elementary, middle and high school students. The team’s goal is to unleash confidence through FUN! while also empowering young people to be independent, strong and gritty.
The Farm Team is for 1st -5th grade students.
The JV Team is for 6th-8th grade students.
The Varsity Team is for 9th-12th grade students.
All abilities are welcome as we will split into groups based on ability to make sure everyone has a good time.
Practices are led by a qualified coach and consist of mountain bike skills practice, urban riding education, riding at the Commons, Hickory, Civic Center, Vasa, Mt. Holiday, Boardman River trails, SNACKS! and games at various city parks.
Fall 2019 season starts September 10:
- Farm team practices Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-6pm
- JV and Varsity practices Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:15-6:15pm.
The program is 5 weeks long. All practices start/finish at the Norte Wheelhouse.
- No bike? No problem. We have several sweet mountain bikes ready to be borrowed!
- First-time participants will receive a complimentary Norte cycling jersey (JV or Varsity) or Tech T (Farm Team)
- Already have a jersey or Tech T from a previous season? No problem! When you register we will provide you with a Norte Store discount code!
- Discounted entry into Iceman
- 20% off any Cannondale at Brick Wheels
- Healthy snacks provided
- End of program pizza party
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a free family membership to the Clubhouse
- A positive attitude
- Can comfortably ride 3-4 miles (1st-3rd grade), 5-8 miles (4th-5th grade), 8-10 miles (6th-8th grade), 8-20 miles (9th-12th grade)
- $85 Farm team
- $135 JV & Varsity
Registration now open:
Full refunds up to 2 weeks before program start date. 80% of registration fee can be refunded within 2 weeks of start date.
What to help?
Paid coaches needed! Learn more about how to apply HERE.
Volunteers also needed. Get involved HERE.
Thank you to these wonderful sponsors for supporting the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team, and happy, healthy, strong kids:
Limited corporate sponsorships of the Grand Traverse Region Youth Mountain Bike Team are also available. Please contact Ty Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org