Norte Youth Mountain Bike Assistant Coach
Our youth mountain bike assistant coaches serve an essential role in keeping young riders on the trail engaged, encouraged, and smiling. Our assistant coaches promote the Norte Vision and love riding mountain bikes, helping kids succeed.
We train all of our coaches, but some necessary mountain bike skills and familiar with our regional trails. We also ask that our assistant coaches have basic trail-side repair skills or a willingness to learn. We ask our assistant coaches to be available for practice at least two days a week for an entire 5-week session.
EXPECTATIONS OF ASSISTANT COACH
- Assist the head coach during practice in addition to helping during arrival and dismissal.
- Keep the group together as a sweeper. The head coach is at the front.
- Be a buddy to Norte’s young riders. Many of them arrive a little nervous. Be a positive role model. Play and encourage. Have fun!
- Win hearts and minds in the community. While you’re out rolling, ding and wave. Smile and be kind. You’re representing all of Team Orange.
- Be a boss. As a sweeper, don’t be shy with encouragement for predictable, safe, courteous riding.
WHAT TO BRING
Beyond the basics of a quality bicycle, helmet, and water bottle, please come prepared with the following.
- Flat tire kit
- Norte T-shirt or jersey
- A cell phone
- Mask and hand sanitizer
- Great attitude and willingness to have fun
Please arrive at the trailhead at least 10 minutes before practice begins.
To apply as an assistant coach, fill out this form.
If you don’t know which coach you’re assisting, email email@example.com
See you on the trails!