Norte Youth Mountain Bike Assistant Coach: Things to know and bring
Youth mountain assistant coaches should:
- believe in the Norte vision
- love to ride mountain bikes
- love working with kids
- love helping kids succeed
- be available for practice at least one day a week for the entire 5 week session
- know their way around our regional trails fairly well
- be somewhat knowledgeable about mountain bike skills
- have some trail-side repair skills or willingness to learn
- be awesome people
- like the color orange
Your job as an assistant coach is an important one:
- Assist the head coach during practice with whatever he/she needs whether that during arrival/dismissal, on the street to parks, or on the trails.
- Keep the group together. The head coach is at the front. You ride sweep. It is helpful to have some knowledge of the trails at the practice location.
- Be a buddy to these kids. Be a positive role model. Play. Shred. Encourage. Have fun!
- Win hearts and minds in the community as we’re rolling. Ding. Wave. Smile. Be Kind.
- Be a boss in the back and encourage predictable, safe, couteous riding.
- Have fun! Because riding bikes is about having fun, of course.
Assistant coaches should bring:
- Quality bicycle
- Water bottle
- Flat kit for your bike
- Your Norte T-shirt/jersey if you have one – optional
- Hand sanitizer
- Good attitude and willingness to have FUN
Things assistant coaches need to do before practice:
- Take the online health screen before EVERY practice
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before practice
- If you don’t know which coach you’re assisting, email email@example.com